I SAW A GEN3 TODAY

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:43 pm
mueslibrown wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:35 pm
sd1985 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:40 pm

Same here, love the lightbar on the gen 2 & 3
Think it looks really premium and stylish compared to other cars trying to do the same thing
Love it as well ... tho not the tinted/clear one which looks rather dull, needs a hint of colour even when off
I surprised myself on that one. I originally specced the clear ones because I always liked the clear lenses on the back of the Aston. But then, like you, I thought they looked a bit bland, just a length of clear plastic so de-specced then amd happy I did. Obviously with the lights on they look fine either ways.
I owned a macan with the normal lightbar and tinted one - I like both
Overall I prefer the tinted one in real life, looks much better than in photos though

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

sd1985 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:40 pm

Same here, love the lightbar on the gen 2 & 3
Think it looks really premium and stylish compared to other cars trying to do the same thing
Love it as well ... tho not the tinted/clear one which looks rather dull, needs a hint of colour even when off
I surprised myself on that one. I originally specced the clear ones because I always liked the clear lenses on the back of the Aston. But then, like you, I thought they looked a bit bland, just a length of clear plastic so de-specced then amd happy I did. Obviously with the lights on they look fine either ways.
With my tread carefully slippers on doesn't the GTS have a tinted rear light strip which enhances the look?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

PorscheMack wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:08 pm

With my tread carefully slippers on doesn't the GTS have a tinted rear light strip which enhances the look?
Sure does and looks better with it
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Imo the tinted light bar looks good on certain colours, still not seen the right colour yet though :D
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Heres the Gen 2 Turbo (my spec) and below the same in GTS spec - the normal bar followed my theme of silver / black / red. Also didnt like the black Porsche logo which is just lost in the lightbar, might as well not have it at all. Nothing beats in real life tho.

back.jpg

back.jpg

2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

mueslibrown wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:38 pm Heres the Gen 2 Turbo (my spec) and below the same in GTS spec - the normal bar followed my theme of silver / black / red. Also didnt like the black Porsche logo which is just lost in the lightbar, might as well not have it at all. Nothing beats in real life tho.
Yep Both look nice but I prefer the GTS tinted bar tbh :)

P.S. eua coming home soon, I knew I recognised the name from somewhere ;)
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

mueslibrown wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:38 pm Heres the Gen 2 Turbo (my spec) and below the same in GTS spec - the normal bar followed my theme of silver / black / red. Also didnt like the black Porsche logo which is just lost in the lightbar, might as well not have it at all. Nothing beats in real life tho.
to my eyes the top one looks much better.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:21 pm Imo the tinted light bar looks good on certain colours, still not seen the right colour yet though :D

8aea2ab9-226c-43f4-b084-90d252f12fdc.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

sd1985 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:49 pm
Yep Both look nice but I prefer the GTS tinted bar tbh :)

P.S. eua coming home soon, I knew I recognised the name from somewhere ;)
EUA - yup :D
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:49 pm
to my eyes the top one looks much better.
I think if the model designation had been included the GTS clear one would be fine its just without the designation the colour in the normal bar gives your eye something to focus on ... well thats what I'm telling myself.