I SAW A GEN3 TODAY

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Spent a while at OPC Reading today. After trying bot the 18-way and 14-way am happy to have chosen the 14’s. I’m tall and my shoulders did not fit well on the 18’s, plus leg support better.
Tried the £720 Race-Tex GT steering wheel (gear selector also changes with this option) and thought it was v nice, but not worth the cost.
Weather wasn’t great, so the black demo car was wet and didn’t photograph well. The Gentian blue was under the showroom lights, so again not great photos. I thought it a lovely colour.
The haptic controls are better in the flesh than appear in photos.
These Gen3 cars are very nice. Don’t think anyone will be disappointed. I have not driven a GTS (just sat in one) but the 2L and 2.9L are both great on normal roads. The base is no slouch, but the S obviously comes alive when given some fast roads to tackle.
All 3 versions sound nice when starting up, the PSE with a noticeable lower/wider note though.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Good to hear that the 2.0 drives great on normal roads.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
MH82

Post by MH82 »

Just noticed that the carbon and race tex gear lever is now available on the configurator so think I’m now at my final spec, unless the steering column in leather becomes available…..
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGM5SC6

Will be seeing my first gen3 on Monday at West London and then my first GTS at Guildford later this month (as they’ve picked that as a demonstrator)
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Zadkiel wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:07 pm Spent a while at OPC Reading today. After trying bot the 18-way and 14-way am happy to have chosen the 14’s. I’m tall and my shoulders did not fit well on the 18’s, plus leg support better.
Tried the £720 Race-Tex GT steering wheel (gear selector also changes with this option) and thought it was v nice, but not worth the cost.
Weather wasn’t great, so the black demo car was wet and didn’t photograph well. The Gentian blue was under the showroom lights, so again not great photos. I thought it a lovely colour.
These Gen3 cars are very nice. Don’t think anyone will be disappointed. I have not driven a GTS (just sat in one) but the 2L and 2.9L are both great on normal roads. The base is no slouch, but the S obviously comes alive when given some fast roads to tackle.
All 3 versions sound nice when starting up, the PSE with a noticeable lower/wider note though.
the steering wheel thing is interesting. I have specced the GT steering wheel ( standard leather ) and after driving a gen 3 S today with a standard wheel I kind of wish I hadn’t. Not saying there is anything wrong with it but I can’t see how its going to be £300+ better than the standard one.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:44 pm
Zadkiel wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:07 pm Spent a while at OPC Reading today. After trying bot the 18-way and 14-way am happy to have chosen the 14’s. I’m tall and my shoulders did not fit well on the 18’s, plus leg support better.
[/quote

the steering wheel thing is interesting. I have specced the GT steering wheel ( standard leather ) and after driving a gen 3 S today with a standard wheel I kind of wish I hadn’t. Not saying there is anything wrong with it but I can’t see how its going to be £300+ better than the standard one.
[/quote
It's heated as well hence the extra £.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:22 pm Good to hear that the 2.0 drives great on normal roads.
Yes, very nice. I can understand why it is actually the world-wide top selling Macan.
Also, with a few options here and there, they are almost indentical in looks and comfort etc to an S.
If I didn’t have the bucks for an S, I would actually be very happy with a 2L.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:58 pm
[/quote

[/quote
It's heated as well hence the extra £.
True, but you can add heating to the standard wheel for about £180, if memory serves.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:38 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:58 pm

True, but you can add heating to the standard wheel for about £180, if memory serves.
Correct. Making the GT wheel less than £200 more. Still more than enough if the standard wheel is suffice though.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4436

Must say, separation between now and my last test drive several months ago, and the cash I’ve already put down and all the bad news stories etc were really making me begin to doubt the wisdom of buying a Macan at the moment. Driving a Gen 3 today really made me remember why I put the deposit down in the first place.

I’ll also say that the car I test drove originally had air, and the one I drove today didn’t and for me I preferred the ride without it. The air had an element of waft that I felt disconnected my feeling with the road and made me feel a little unwell. Having now driven one on 21” wheels without air I must say I personally found it gave me much more the drive I wanted. Other opinions are available, of course.

Yep, happy bunny right now. Just need the darn thing to turn up and to be able to insure it!
hood69

Post by hood69 »

In dealership today and they didn't have any Gen3 Macans but there was a Panamera in Papaya.
Papaya was a colour I thought looked good on the configurator but on viewing it in the flesh i was a bit unsure tbh.
By contrast a Carmine red Macan was behind and then in front on the way to the dealership and that looks good when matched up with the black-would definitely consider that as a colour.