I SAW A GEN3 TODAY

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

Love the colour. Love the wheels. Prefer them with red calipers.

How do you upload pictures to the forum?

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Macananon wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:05 pm So funny that Gen 2 owners take an instant dislike to Gen3 cars as gen 1 owners did to gen 2. All things get upgraded and improved, and barr the 718 flat 4 hiatus Porsche always seem to get it right.
personally I think the Gen 1 looks really old now ( mainly because of the xenon headlights and the bland rear end ). The Gen 2 looks pretty good but does look very old-fashioned inside with the shotgun approach to buttons on the centre console. The front grill and haptic buttons on the Gen 3 have grown on me. But to be frank apart from those 2 things its mainly a parts bin raid for a going out of production sale. Most manufacturers throw all the toys in to the last version of a model. Works for me though, I can get an S that outperforms last years GTS, and costs less. So I’m a happy bunny.
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 4436

Nick the Greek wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:17 pm Love the colour. Love the wheels. Prefer them with red calipers.

How do you upload pictures to the forum?
pick the full editor button, select the attachments tab, select add files and then and pick the “include in line’ option
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

Thanks for Posting! I ordered a Gentian Blue S, so very happy with my choice. I was in two minds about having the side blades in body colour, but now glad I went with it. Also not sold on the GTS front yet, think the S would look better.

Also very happy to get the 2.9 l v6 in my S;)
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Papeto wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:19 am Thanks for Posting! I ordered a Gentian Blue S, so very happy with my choice. I was in two minds about having the side blades in body colour, but now glad I went with it. Also not sold on the GTS front yet, think the S would look better.

Sideblades in black on that gentian blue look out of place so good choice.

I’m not surprised you prefer the S, since you have it on order ;)
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

The only thing that I don’t like about gentian blue is how it changes appearance in sunlight (similar to crayon as an example)

It looks purple and with those red brake callipers the combination of purple and red is off putting

I remember seeing a 911 in gentian On a bright day with the red callipers and it reminding me of the NatWest logo lol thought it was there promo car
Bendanielgrant

Post by Bendanielgrant »

sd1985 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:46 am
Papeto wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:19 am Thanks for Posting! I ordered a Gentian Blue S, so very happy with my choice. I was in two minds about having the side blades in body colour, but now glad I went with it. Also not sold on the GTS front yet, think the S would look better.

Sideblades in black on that gentian blue look out of place so good choice.

I’m not surprised you prefer the S, since you have it on order ;)

I think those side blades are the carbon fibre ones, in my opinion I think the black would look better but maybe not with those wheels
2022 Gentian Blue Macan GTS (Built 8th June)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP63BVA5

2018 Navarra Blue Audi Q5 (Current)
2014 Sepang Blue Audi S3 (Sold)
2004 Daytona Grey Audi A3 (Sold)
2001 Monaco Blue Renault Sport Clio (Sold)
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

A clearer pic of what looks like the GT steering wheel

Enjoy!!

20210911_113408.jpg

Deleted User 4436

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:25 am A clearer pic of what looks like the GT steering wheel

Enjoy!!
i’ve specced one of these ( in leather though, rather than fuzzy felt ) but I must say I actually prefer the old steering wheel with the chrome accents. This new one looks a bit cheap to my eye. Pretty sure not everyone will agree though.

btw, how do you know what drive mode you are in now? The old wheel had the different modes marked on the chrono knob. The new one doesn’t, it just has cheap looking Halfrauds style text.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Man, if this is a press car - did they let the work experience junior loose on the configurator (I'm sure some work experience juniors are wonderful :D ) ... I mean would you not think about what you are doing ...
Last edited by mueslibrown on Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose