I SAW A GEN3 TODAY

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

sd1985 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:12 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:00 am I’m aware of the comments this will illicit, but it looks worse on the GTS. Still seems odd to me that they stuck the black plastic on the GTS and painted the base and the S.

Having said that, I’ve not seen one in the wild yet.
I guess they needed to differentiate the two and black accents have always been synonymous with GTS. I really don’t mind it now that I’ve seen more photos, I’ve grown to actually like it, probably because I think it will contrast really well with dolomite.

Also the front section that is Matt black is plastic on all Macans. It’s just painted plastic on the base and S. One thing I don’t like about the front on the base and S is how the plastic wraps around the painted mid section, so feels like it’s a black border.

Either way all of these cars will be awesome!
For me the gts front works best against a lighter colour or if I believe the configurator, Carmine red as well. I don’t personally like it on darker colours though but that’s personal preference as is all the styling options.

I imagine though they have tried to differentiate it from gen 2 and is in keeping with a lot of model redesigns atm going for a bigger more distinctive grill. Thankfully it doesn’t offend my sole like the new BMWs :)

sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

BanZ wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:30 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:00 am I’m aware of the comments this will illicit, but it looks worse on the GTS. Still seems odd to me that they stuck the black plastic on the GTS and painted the base and the S.

I guess they needed to differentiate the two and black accents have always been synonymous with GTS. I really don’t mind it now that I’ve seen more photos, I’ve grown to actually like it, probably because I think it will contrast really well with dolomite.

Also the front section that is Matt black is plastic on all Macans. It’s just painted plastic on the base and S. One thing I don’t like about the front on the base and S is how the plastic wraps around the painted mid section, so feels like it’s a black border.

For me the gts front works best against a lighter colour or if I believe the configurator, Carmine red as well. I don’t personally like it on darker colours though but that’s personal preference as is all the styling options.

I imagine though they have tried to differentiate it from gen 2 and is in keeping with a lot of model redesigns atm going for a bigger more distinctive grill. Thankfully it doesn’t offend my sole like the new BMWs :)
Tend to agree with maybe the exception of black.

For me, white, crayon, red and dolomite are the best colours for the GTS.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

BanZ wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:30 am

nothing offends the soul like the BMW naked-mole rat look. What were they thinking !!

TBH I suspect the new Macan face mask will look fine in the wild. I never “hated” it like I do with the BMW nastyness, but I wasn’t bowled over by it, but the more pictures I see the more it grows on me
Deleted User 4449

Post by Deleted User 4449 »

Hi Guys here is a screen grab from our ‘Sneak Peak’ video sent by OPC today ….
More to come when we collect on Thursday …
were also told that the 14way seats that we ordered are in fact all leather, centre squabs perforated leather , as they weren’t sure if they kept the Sport-tex centres as we kept with standard black interior….

CF278993-8BDA-437A-9AE0-1159017A7A2B.jpeg

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

you got the link to the video (or did you take it?)
Deleted User 4449

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:32 pm you got the link to the video (or did you take it?)
Got the link
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Vesuvius S alloys ?
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

really great to see some people are getting their cars through.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about them and seeing some pictures as I'm sure you are>

:-)
Deleted User 4449

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:23 pm really great to see some people are getting their cars through.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about them and seeing some pictures as I'm sure you are>

:-)
Very much so , especially as we will have it to go down to Plymouth on our Staycation! ….apparently we are the first to have a Gen3 from our OPC
MH82

Post by MH82 »

Highflyer99 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:26 pm Hi Guys here is a screen grab from our ‘Sneak Peak’ video sent by OPC today ….
More to come when we collect on Thursday …
were also told that the 14way seats that we ordered are in fact all leather, centre squabs perforated leather , as they weren’t sure if they kept the Sport-tex centres as we kept with standard black interior….
I don’t want to alarm you but there seems to be a member of the KKK in the passenger seat!
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock: