I SAW A GEN3 TODAY

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4449

Post by Deleted User 4449 »

MH82 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:31 pm
Highflyer99 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:26 pm Hi Guys here is a screen grab from our ‘Sneak Peak’ video sent by OPC today ….
More to come when we collect on Thursday …
were also told that the 14way seats that we ordered are in fact all leather, centre squabs perforated leather , as they weren’t sure if they kept the Sport-tex centres as we kept with standard black interior….
I don’t want to alarm you but there seems to be a member of the KKK in the passenger seat!
:D :D :D :D :D Good Spot ….. :evil:

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Really dont like the rear end since Gen 2 That full width plastic lightbar is on every other vehicle of that size now. Looks cheap and Korean.

No offence intended Kim.........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

bennachie wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:45 pm Really dont like the rear end since Gen 2 That full width plastic lightbar is on every other vehicle of that size now. Looks cheap and Korean.

Horses for courses. I think the previous rear looks terrible.
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:05 pm
bennachie wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:45 pm Really dont like the rear end since Gen 2 That full width plastic lightbar is on every other vehicle of that size now. Looks cheap and Korean.

It does date the gen 1. The rear end is the best part of the macan with the light bar. Lovely bit of design and even nicer it’s basically the Porsche signature now
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Winryn wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:35 pm

It does date the gen 1. The rear end is the best part of the macan with the light bar. Lovely bit of design and even nicer it’s basically the Porsche signature now
Same here, love the lightbar on the gen 2 & 3
Think it looks really premium and stylish compared to other cars trying to do the same thing
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

sd1985 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:40 pm

Think it looks really premium and stylish compared to other cars trying to do the same thing
Weird with some cars as they can look modern one week and the next dated. I always found this with BMW styling changes and sadly the Gen 1 Macan is suffering the same fate. The only light on the horizon for the new Gen 3 is that if it turns out to be the last ICE Macan and doesn't get touched much before its rendered redundant then it will become a classic and problems re styling go away.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:18 pm

Weird with some cars as they can look modern one week and the next dated. I always found this with BMW styling changes and sadly the Gen 1 Macan is suffering the same fate. The only light on the horizon for the new Gen 3 is that if it turns out to be the last ICE Macan and doesn't get touched much before its rendered redundant then it will become a classic and problems re styling go away.
I’ve always felt Mercs date really quickly. Mine was also really badly bolted together
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Love it as well ... tho not the tinted/clear one which looks rather dull, needs a hint of colour even when off
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:30 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:18 pm

I’ve always felt Mercs date really quickly. Mine was also really badly bolted together
Yep. But I always felt that Mercs aged well. Nowadays car styling changes appear to be so frequent it's hard to keep up. 🥴
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4436

mueslibrown wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:35 pm

Love it as well ... tho not the tinted/clear one which looks rather dull, needs a hint of colour even when off
I surprised myself on that one. I originally specced the clear ones because I always liked the clear lenses on the back of the Aston. But then, like you, I thought they looked a bit bland, just a length of clear plastic so de-specced then amd happy I did. Obviously with the lights on they look fine either ways.