Autocar used Macan buying guide

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/used ... sche-macan

And it does not include the words "transfer box"!!
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The guide is very good except as you rightly point out in the transfer box issues.

Pano
Bose
Air
Sports Chrono

Quoted as prime options.

Rightly the article points out What Cars 33mpg experience of the SD which is far less than claimed and echos may own SD’s actual mpg (MFD showed 10% more than actual).

One thing it does not report is the changing spec, the cr4p halogen lighting and the need for reversing cameras if you regularly park in confined spaces.

Thanks for posting the link.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Quite a fair review :D :D
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:36 am The guide is very good except as you rightly point out in the transfer box issues.

Pano
Bose
Air
Sports Chrono

Quoted as prime options.

Rightly the article points out What Cars 33mpg experience of the SD which is far less than claimed and echos may own SD’s actual mpg (MFD showed 10% more than actual).

One thing it does not report is the changing spec, the cr4p halogen lighting and the need for reversing cameras if you regularly park in confined spaces.

How on earth BOSE is a prime option is beyond me. Had cars with and without this and honestly the difference is so minute that’s it’s £850 for very little. As such not spec’d on my upcoming order.

Feels like the people who write this stuff don’t actually test before commenting.

The burmester is when you see a proper leap in audio quality, but that’s an option only for the enthusiast I’d say, at £3.5k!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:36 am The guide is very good except as you rightly point out in the transfer box issues.

Pano
Bose
Air
Sports Chrono

Quoted as prime options.

Just out of interest, over five years (and 43k miles) of SD ownership the car averaged 35.4 mpg. Best tankful was 42mpg and worst 30.6. This was based on fuel put into the tank against recorded mileage.

Agree that Bi-Xenon headlights should have been advocated as a minimum standard.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

pmg wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:20 am https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/used ... sche-macan

And it does not include the words "transfer box"!!
wont work unless I turn my blocker off, so I'm not interested (thanks for posting though)
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

On-Track wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:16 pm

Pano
Bose
Air
Sports Chrono

Quoted as prime options.

Just out of interest, over five years (and 43k miles) of SD ownership the car averaged 35.4 mpg. Best tankful was 42mpg and worst 30.6. This was based on fuel put into the tank against recorded mileage.

Agree that Bi-Xenon headlights should have been advocated as a minimum standard.
Mirrors my 3 year experience with an SD. Also with bi-xenons as a minimum requirement on such a fast SUV.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver