Recommend a polish

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I've used and recommend Autoglym Super Resin Polish. Strictly polishing and waxing any car are two separate processes. The polishing process uses various degrees of abrasives to smooth and clean the paintwork but it does so by removing a tiny amount of the top layer. In the detailing world this is done first (after washing and claying) and once the paintwork is clean and smooth a protective wax (or ceramic coat) is applied to seal the surface.

Autoglym SRP I understand to be a combined polishing and waxing product that is a one step. The Farcela product is just a mild abrasive (like the more severe and commonly known T-Cut) and wax should be applied afterwards.

I'm moved on from the single stage SRP product and last week spent 3 whole days cleaning polishing and waxing my Macan, something the better half couldn't understand!
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

You possibly would be better with a dedicated water spot removal product if water has caused the issue. That will remove the marks and not cause any paint marring or removal as your polish will do.