Buttons

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
froggyr32

Post by froggyr32 »

Gen 2 GTS,get in,2 button press,exhaust and silly stop/start,anyone else do the same?

cc3

Post by cc3 »

Turn sports chrono dial to sport on start up
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

froggyr32 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:46 pm Gen 2 GTS,get in,2 button press,exhaust and silly stop/start,anyone else do the same?
Just about everyone!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Why do you all turn off start/stop?
froggyr32

Post by froggyr32 »

Cause it annoys me.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Must be a generational thing. I have no issue at all with stop/start. I actually like that it goes totally quiet when I stop. Only issue i have with it is when it occasionally starts when I’ve been sitting for a while and I’m not expecting it. Scares the crap out of me!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

BanZ wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:11 am Why do you all turn off start/stop?
Because when you drive up to a Stop junction the damn thing cuts out just as you want to start to move off.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
GTB

Post by GTB »

In the three vehicles I have, its the first thing I do in all of them is switch the stop/start/eco function off in everyone of them, albeit EU Directives in the future will not allow manufacturers to provide a facility for the driver to switch off. Absolutely hate it, especially if just stopped for a few seconds before traffic starts moving again and as Col Lamb says at a "Stop" junction whats the point after wheels stopping, road is clear in all directions and you move off!

In my car thats a manual, you can also "Defeat" it by having the clutch pedal fully pressed down, car in gear foot on brake and ready to move off anytime and the stop/start/eco function will never engage well on that particular model anyway. Other feature is after a certain time and may only be a few minutes the feature disengages and starts engine again I presume because it detects battery dropping in output so might not start?

Im certainly not a lover of this function, but no doubt the energy saving/zero emmission zelots have far more of this type of so cally energy saving features to come.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Deffo an age thing. I am of the generation that if your banger stopped at the lights...................it had died.

Interestingly, our american cousins can switch it off and it remembers that state through restarts........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

BanZ wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:11 am Why do you all turn off start/stop?
Obviously lots more wear on your battery / starter motor / alternator ( I wonder what they cost from Porsche :roll: :roll: )

If I am stopped for a reasonable amount of time I will have the engine off :D :D