My name is Nick. I'm an addict....

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

To the configurator....

Current favourite spec is a different colour, different wheels and £2,000 more than my last 'favourite', the day before yesterday.

Help! :roll:

Smokey99

Post by Smokey99 »

Welcome to the group Nick.

Congratulations, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

You're not alone.
Macan S - Crayon Grey with lots of stuff

Your Porsche Code http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTSSA35

Previous: Audi S4 Avant; Octavia VRS Estate and many other hot hatches
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

I found having people on this forum rib me constantly about how often I changed my spec helped immensely. That and running out of money. Oh, and the OPC threatening to knee cap me the next time I changed it.

Its a very slippery slope, and one we can all sympathise with.
Macaning

Post by Macaning »

Tell me about it, Started with base now with GTS plus 10 grand of options
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Dont think having your spec locked will make any difference. Mine is locked but im still thinking about different spec options and a new Macan look - guess this will be for the next one...
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Macaning wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:46 am Tell me about it, Started with base now with GTS plus 10 grand of options
Me too!!!

PS I specced an S with as many options possible to bring it as close as possible to my GTS build and there was only £1500 difference, so happy with my choice of GTS with uprated engine and suspension option.
Then I tried the same with a base and there was £7500 difference but clearly totally different engine, suspension, brakes and probably resale if i ever did decide to sell (very unlikely!!!)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I once had an infamous 100+ page thread on speccing a new 911! :shock: :roll: :P :lol: :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 4436

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:17 pm
Macaning wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:46 am Tell me about it, Started with base now with GTS plus 10 grand of options
Me too!!!

PS I specced an S with as many options possible to bring it as close as possible to my GTS build and there was only £1500 difference, so happy with my choice of GTS with uprated engine and suspension option.
Then I tried the same with a base and there was £7500 difference but clearly totally different engine, suspension, brakes and probably resale if i ever did decide to sell (very unlikely!!!)
In my case none of the options I specced were on the GTS as standard (heated screen, pano, full leather, ACC, Surround Camera etc), so to get a GTS with the bits I added to the S means its still £10k+ more expensive, plus comes with a bunch of things I don't want, like the horrendously expensive brake discs, air suspension, 21" wheels and a lower ride height, fuzzy-felt seats/steering wheel etc. So an S works better for some, but can still get mighty expensive if you let the confuserator rule your head and your heart.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:26 pm
Me too!!!

In my case none of the options I specced were on the GTS as standard (heated screen, pano, full leather, ACC, Surround Camera etc), so to get a GTS with the bits I added to the S means its still £10k+ more expensive, plus comes with a bunch of things I don't want, like the horrendously expensive brake discs, air suspension, 21" wheels and a lower ride height, fuzzy-felt seats/steering wheel etc. So an S works better for some, but can still get mighty expensive if you let the confuserator rule your head and your heart.
Omni... Tell the truth the Bean counter got the last say.. 😜
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:31 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:26 pm

Me too!!!

Omni... Tell the truth the Bean counter got the last say.. 😜
Bean counting was definitely apart of the decision, but so was having driven very fast, very firm sports cars for several years. I want a break from them and want to try and hold on to my license a little longer (although the S it plenty quick enough to continue to cause me issues in that particular department)