Porsche Experience Centre • Silverstone followed by first drive of Gen 3

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Had my day at the Porsche Experience Centre • Silverstone. WOW. Brilliant day as those lucky enough to have been there before. No Gen 3s there yest but i had the whole morning in a brand new Carmine Red Turbo fully kitted out. Managed to keep it on the track, blast several 911s without being passed once (I know it's not a race!!!) and didn't stop smiling all day. Drove it pretty much all in Sport or Sport+. I personally found the comfort/standard mode too floaty and it made the car feel much much heavier. I hope the standard mode in the revised GTS addresses this.

Then onto OPC Reading were we drove a base Gen 3. Clearly not in the same league power wise as the old Turbo/new GTS but an extremely well screwed together example. felt like it had more noticably better pick up than a previous base I had drive. This had no chrono but the sport button worked well enough. Haptic looked nice and worked well. the only odd/disappointing thing was that the controls on the roof were clearly the old design and look out of place now???

Finally settled on crayon having seen all the other options at Silverstone, on other cars if not Macans.

Only changes to build after today are the inclusion of rear heated seats as per the Turbo today and also the GT steering wheel which just felt better in everyway to the standard one on the base car.

Final point. I was told that Reading do not have any dates yet for any GTS variants only that they expect mine early Q1???

Can I ask has anyone had any definite dates from Reading yet for any models?

Has anyone had any definite dates for their GTS from any OPC?

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Good to hear that the base felt good to drive.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Deleted User 4325

It was lovely. Really nice car. Anyone buying it will not be disappointed at all. The one I drove had steel suspension and 21" wheels and felt and drove beautifully with what have been said to be the hardest ride.

They did have a real good 2021 GTS in the showroom also flat grey (£6k) paint, race Tec GT steering wheel and 8 way seats?????? No idea how much?
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:44 pm It was lovely. Really nice car. Anyone buying it will not be disappointed at all. The one I drove had steel suspension and 21" wheels and felt and drove beautifully with what have been said to be the hardest ride.

They did have a real good 2021 GTS in the showroom also flat grey (£6k) paint, race Tec GT steering wheel and 8 way seats?????? No idea how much?
Good to hear about the suspension although I have gone for the 20” Macan S wheels so should be even a better ride.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Macaning

Post by Macaning »

Sounds like a hell of a day

Re: GT steering wheel, Are you referring to Gen ll or Gen lll ? , Do you recommend adding it to my GTS ?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad you enjoyed yourself and have decided on your car.

I have been to the PEC three times to drive Macan’s plus a Range Day.

The Range Day was interesting and frustrating in that time in each car Porsche produce is limited to a particular activity which for me was:-
Macan Turbo around the main handling circuit
Boxster on the skid pan
Panamera on the ice hill
911 on the handling circuit but mostly on the skid pan
Cayenne on the off road course, a demo drive by an Instructor.

Most fun was by miles the Boxster on the skid pan with traction control turned off as much as possible.

I have driven a Cayenne over the off road course myself having given up an hour on one of the Macan visits and that is well worth it.

What I am writing this for is that your OPC can initiate the invite to a Range Day after you have had the GTS for a year or so but spaces are limited and a you may have to work at it.

Downside, my visit was in the run up to the British round of the F1 GP so gaining access onto the circuit was problematic and the low friction track and acceleration/braking tracks were set up for helicopter and hospitality hence not accessible.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4325

Thanks Col, I'll definitely be pestering him about that then!!!

Folks has anyone had any definite dates from Reading yet for any models?

DazGTS

Post by DazGTS »

[/quote]

I have a GTS on order with Newcastle but no estimated build date as yet ,I'm not even sure what allocation they will have.
Deleted User 4325

Thanks Daz. Just trying to confirm others are hearing the same.
DrWolf

Post by DrWolf »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:29 pm Good to hear that the base felt good to drive.
Wow. After ten years of boring greys and blacks you finally got a color.