It’s Here !

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Perhaps time to use a broker service who have Porsche knowledge, such as A.Manning ?

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Percymon wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:10 pm Perhaps time to use a broker service who have Porsche knowledge, such as A.Manning ?
Ta. My build date is the 24th so I will probably leave it for another couple of weeks and see if any of the mainstream companies start offering insurance. If not I’ll probably not have a lot of choice.
resjud

Post by resjud »

A quick question for those who have taken delivery of the Gen 3 (from my other half, who seems more concerned about this than me, I must say...). What is the interior lighting like? Coming from an X3 that lights up like a spaceship I'm perfectly happy with more subtle lighting, but it would be good to have a verdict on what it does look like. Thanks!
Macan S delivered Jan 2022: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7N8UC1
Deleted User 4436

resjud wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:20 pm A quick question for those who have taken delivery of the Gen 3 (from my other half, who seems more concerned about this than me, I must say...). What is the interior lighting like? Coming from an X3 that lights up like a spaceship I'm perfectly happy with more subtle lighting, but it would be good to have a verdict on what it does look like. Thanks!
From what I can make out, its very basic. My current car has the option to change all the colours and the interior lights change when you change the driving mode etc (its a Mini, so same lighting ethos as BMW I'd guess). Apparently Porsche don't go in for those shenanigans. You get a white light behind the rear view mirror and possibly in the foot well and that's about it.
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

resjud wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:20 pm A quick question for those who have taken delivery of the Gen 3 (from my other half, who seems more concerned about this than me, I must say...). What is the interior lighting like? Coming from an X3 that lights up like a spaceship I'm perfectly happy with more subtle lighting, but it would be good to have a verdict on what it does look like. Thanks!
Its a spaceship when you open the doors, very bright. Think they've changed the lights to LEDS 8-) I have a light interior which makes it more pronounced. However once it turns off you have some nice ambient lighting around the door bin area. I'll send some pics later if you want.
resjud

Post by resjud »

That would be fantastic if you could, thanks PMS. Much appreciated.
Macan S delivered Jan 2022: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7N8UC1
Deleted User 4436

PMS888 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:03 pm
Its a spaceship when you open the doors, very bright. Think they've changed the lights to LEDS 8-) I have a light interior which makes it more pronounced. However once it turns off you have some nice ambient lighting around the door bin area. I'll send some pics later if you want.
You’re becoming everyone’s go-to guy for all this stuff. Thanks from me too, interested in seeing it. I believe there used to be a lighting package that’s standard fit now.
Deleted User 4436

If you go to 7:54 on the video it also shows the internal lighting:

mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

The 'Comfort Lighting' pack was ...

>>>
All features of the standard LED interior lighting concept with additional LED lighting as follows: door storage compartments, door panels (ambient), mirror courtesy lighting and vanity lights in roof lining. Also includes position lights in the doors
<<<

Standard lighting is ...
>>>
Interior lighting concept: glove compartment, ignition lock, reading spot lights for driver and front passenger, reading lights rear left and right, and luggage compartment
<<<

All included now as mentioned earlier .
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:15 pm
If you go to 7:54 on the video it also shows the internal lighting:

Happy to help ;-)

interesting that in the video the interior lighting is quite dim. Perhaps I have it on maximal intensity :D and there's a way of turning it down.