Gen 3 Insurance

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Bazza06 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:58 am NFU was my previous insurer when I had my last Macan.

I chose them as they were a Which? No1 recommended provider (they have lost the top spot to LV) and they provided 2 years new car replacement in the event of theft or a write-off.
Also, their quote at the time was the 2nd cheapest and only dearer by about £10.

With the pending delivery of my GTS, I have now started to obtain quotes.
I went back to NFU for a quote, and it took them 3 days to provide it.

When they did, their quote was nearly 2.5 times higher than that quoted by LV.
I do not live in a city, have +9 years NCB and no claims or points.

It's clear they do not want this type of business any longer.
You’ve hit the nail on the head with the last sentence.

When I worked in insurance many moons ago the company I worked for was ‘low risk’. Wouldn’t offer insurance for U21’s and anyone U25 was basically a right off for example.

A big misconception is that every company is targeting everyone when it’s not the truth.

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

I just called Admiral (as someone else said they were able to get insurance with them) and they have told me that the car does not show up on they system so they are unable to insure it. Direct Line have also told me the same thing. As my car is only about a month away this is starting to get a little alarming.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Omni, Admiral, my current insurers have quoted me. I explained re the engine changes and they quoted for the Turbo which is equivalent in power and price as the 22 GTS. There was practically no difference from the quote they gave me for the 2021 GTSM
If your getting an S then explain that's it's the equivalent of the GTS MY2021.
Might be just who you spoke to?!?!?
Deleted User 4436

Nelladrahcir wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:37 pm Omni, Admiral, my current insurers have quoted me. I explained re the engine changes and they quoted for the Turbo which is equivalent in power and price as the 22 GTS. There was practically no difference from the quote they gave me for the 2021 GTSM
If your getting an S then explain that's it's the equivalent of the GTS MY2021.
Might be just who you spoke to?!?!?
I hope so. I found DirectLine to be very helpful, the lady from Admiral not so much. Admiral lady said the GTS showed up but they couldn’t insure it as that because its not a GTS and the insurance would be invalid. As you say, if it comes to it, I’ll call and ask to speak to someone else if they can’t sort it.

Ideally I’d stay with DirectLine so I don’t need to go through all the proof of no claims hassle ( or is that done on-line now ? )
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:54 pm Omni, you can't register or tax a vehicle without insurance. I do think you don't need to worry.
Whilst you are right, that's why Porsche (and a number of other manufacturers) have the seven day "drive away" insurance. It allows the dealer to register the car.

Both my Cayenne and first Macan were registered with Porsche Insurance. I actually spoke to them over the phone rather than online. For the GTS, their quote was so high it was clearly in the "we don't want to insure your car" category so I went with NFU.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

Good news - I've managed to get the insurance sorted. I was previously with LV and I've had another chat with them again. They spoke to the underwriter and they agreed to update my record with the new specs but base the insurance on the gen 2. In the meantime, every 12 weeks they do an internal update / assessment of new models and once it's on their system they will contact me if there is any additional cost. They said this happens all the time with new models coming out and so I would advise speaking to your existing insurance company to save you the hassle of giving new details whilst also maintaining your NCB. Don't bother with Porsche Insurance. They (Aviva) quoted me £1400 :shock: whereas LV was £400 for the year.
Last edited by PMS888 on Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 4436

On-Track wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:02 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:54 pm Omni, you can't register or tax a vehicle without insurance. I do think you don't need to worry.
Whilst you are right, that's why Porsche (and a number of other manufacturers) have the seven day "drive away" insurance. It allows the dealer to register the car.

Both my Cayenne and first Macan were registered with Porsche Insurance. I actually spoke to them over the phone rather than online. For the GTS, their quote was so high it was clearly in the "we don't want to insure your car" category so I went with NFU.
Problem with drive away insurance is that it leaves me with a £64k car ok my drive that I can’t drive and and a tad out of pocket on if anything untoward happens to it. Not a situation I am prepared to be in.
Deleted User 4436

PMS888 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:14 pm Good news - I've managed to get the insurance sorted. I was previously with LV and I've had another chat with them again. The y spoke to the underwriter and they agreed to update my record with the new specs. In the meantime, every 12 weeks they do an internal update / assessment of new models and once it's on their system they will contact me if there is any additional cost. They said this happens all the time with new models coming out and so I would advise speaking to your existing insurance company to save you the hassle of giving new details whilst also maintaining your NCB. Don't bother with Porsche Insurance. They (Aviva) quoted me £1400 :shock: whereas LV was £400 for the year.
Thanks PMS888. I’ll try them again a bit nearer the time if DirectIine can’t get their act into gear. As I said before, they were very helpful and spent a good 30 mins on the phone with me trying to sort it out. The lady I spoke to was quite positive that the new Macans would be on their books by the end of the month, but its good to have a fall back if not or if they are too expensive
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

PMS888 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:14 pm Good news - I've managed to get the insurance sorted. I was previously with LV and I've had another chat with them again. They spoke to the underwriter and they agreed to update my record with the new specs but base the insurance on the gen 2. In the meantime, every 12 weeks they do an internal update / assessment of new models and once it's on their system they will contact me if there is any additional cost. They said this happens all the time with new models coming out and so I would advise speaking to your existing insurance company to save you the hassle of giving new details whilst also maintaining your NCB. Don't bother with Porsche Insurance. They (Aviva) quoted me £1400 :shock: whereas LV was £400 for the year.
I must be a lot younger or live in a shady neighbourhood as my lv quote based on the gen 2 was about £850 with LV! Glad to hear you’ve made progress.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I paid £298.77 for the insurance of my 2020 S with LV in April 21 👍👍....but I am an old codger 🤣🤣
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon