Gen 3 Insurance

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

interestingly the Gen 3 models aren’t even on Porsche’s own insurance web site!

SNSporsche

Post by SNSporsche »

Hi All,

So gearing up for our collection tomorrow (2022 Macan S), got the registration number last Friday and I did manage to have a sneak peek over the weekend :).

Here is my experience with the insurance -
Drive away insurance was smooth, filled up the form on the link provided by my SE, selected Macan S (2995cc), received a quote for full year and drive away option (free). Called up and provided the details, they confirmed that I have selected the right vehicle and the registration or new engine size is not appearing in their system. They put a note on the change and they are aware of the engine size update (validated with underwriters). All done in 5 mins. The yearly premium was close to 3 times I was getting on comparison sites so no thanks!!

I called up my old insurance company and that was one of the cheapest on comparison sites, they noted all the details and started by you are providing incorrect details about the vehicle and we cannot insure if it is not on our system (etc...), I insisted to speak with the manager and on hold for 5 mins, comes back with same answer as validated with a senior, I still insisted to speak with the manager and that I know they can speak with the underwriters, again on hold for 10 mins. Manager picks up and confirms they can speak with underwriter about this change and have done so and will offer me the insurance (putting all the notes etc), updated the details and payment done. Total time close to 30 mins. Price was slightly higher than what they earlier offered but not material.
Deleted User 4436

SNSporsche wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:06 pm Hi All,

So gearing up for our collection tomorrow (2022 Macan S), got the registration number last Friday and I did manage to have a sneak peek over the weekend :).

Here is my experience with the insurance -
Drive away insurance was smooth, filled up the form on the link provided by my SE, selected Macan S (2995cc), received a quote for full year and drive away option (free). Called up and provided the details, they confirmed that I have selected the right vehicle and the registration or new engine size is not appearing in their system. They put a note on the change and they are aware of the engine size update (validated with underwriters). All done in 5 mins. The yearly premium was close to 3 times I was getting on comparison sites so no thanks!!

I called up my old insurance company and that was one of the cheapest on comparison sites, they noted all the details and started by you are providing incorrect details about the vehicle and we cannot insure if it is not on our system (etc...), I insisted to speak with the manager and on hold for 5 mins, comes back with same answer as validated with a senior, I still insisted to speak with the manager and that I know they can speak with the underwriters, again on hold for 10 mins. Manager picks up and confirms they can speak with underwriter about this change and have done so and will offer me the insurance (putting all the notes etc), updated the details and payment done. Total time close to 30 mins. Price was slightly higher than what they earlier offered but not material.
The S is 2984. 2995 is the old S so presumably the drive away insurance is technically invalid

Who was the company you finally got it sorted with?
SNSporsche

Post by SNSporsche »

The new S is 2894cc but had to select 2995cc as in their system, they put a note next to it confirming the new engine size is 2894cc and validated with underwriter that the insurance can be offered. Both insurers did that including the drive away.
Deleted User 4436

SNSporsche wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:30 pm The new S is 2894cc but had to select 2995cc as in their system, they put a note next to it confirming the new engine size is 2894cc and validated with underwriter that the insurance can be offered. Both insurers did that including the drive away.
thanks (I had all the right numbers, but not necessarily in the right order - thank you Eric Morecombe ). Sounds like a real faff!

Who finally agreed to insuring the car?
SNSporsche

Post by SNSporsche »

Well looks like I have a hangover articulating engine sizes over a phone multiple times....
Hastings Direct.
Deleted User 4436

SNSporsche wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:04 pm Well looks like I have a hangover articulating engine sizes over a phone multiple times....
Hastings Direct.
Thanks. So it is sounding like the ones that will insure, with some major faffing about, are Hastings, LV and Admiral. At the very least when we call them we can say we know that they have definitely insured other people on the same car.

On a personal note, my car is likely about 4-5 weeks away from delivery so with a spot of luck enough other people will have been through this pain by then to make it a little easier for the rest of us.

Do you still need to provide proof of no claims, or is that all done on-line by the insurance companies these days?
LAJ

Post by LAJ »

As my GTS is now at Grimsby I made some calls yesterday. NFU were very helpful and as a matter of course referred to underwriters noting new model etc. I expect to hear back in the next day or so.
An email from my excellent OPC today stating they had received an email from Porsche stating they are aware of the new models not appearing on the MID and it "will be sorted in the next few days"...
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

I can totally agree with Hastings Direct. I’ve just changed to them, and what a great saving. I got it through Quidco, and look forward to getting my cash-back too.
The new rules regarding the providers being more even with prices for new policyholders and existing ones, comes in on 1st January.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

LV today gave me a reasonable quote for my Gen 3 Macan S which I hope to receive in the next 4 weeks. He understood that it is a new facelift version with a new engine. He had gone to his manager to agree the quote.