Specification mistakes

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4603

Post by Deleted User 4603 »

1st time buyer of a Porsche, like many. I have faith that what I’ve actually specified will be delivered. What I have noticed is the dealers seem to be kept in the dark about quite a few things…. so just wondered if there are stories of specified items missing or unspecified items “added” on delivery to the OPC?

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

LAJ wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:59 pm 1st time buyer of a Porsche, like many. I have faith that what I’ve actually specified will be delivered. What I have noticed is the dealers seem to be kept in the dark about quite a few things…. so just wondered if there are stories of specified items missing or unspecified items “added” on delivery to the OPC?
lots of stories, very light on actual facts. Quick answer from those who have taken delivery so far is no.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Years ago on here, there was a person whose Macan was delivered in the wrong colour, but mistakes of any kind are fortunately rarely experienced. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Heard of plenty of horrors but it’s how they deal with it that matters

Whilst not exactly what your topic is about , the Mrs Mk2 V6 TT vert failed to show. Allegedly it was written off on the boat over

They went over and above to sort it, including jumping the Q for an in demand model with waiting list, Q7 while we waited and two Audi experience days to name the big things. Deffo took the edge of the disappointment
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

We factory ordered another VAG make car. It was delivered without the DSG paddles on the steering wheel. The main dealer hadn't noticed / didn't check when doing the PDI. On pointing it out on collection, hey then order the correct new wheel + paddles. A couple of weeks later they provided a loan car while doing the change over work and gave us a £75 voucher by way of appology.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Unless things have changed the ordering process was split into two.

There is the Configuration via the website which you do either on your iwn or with the SE at their desk in the dealership.

Once you confirm the spec the vehicle is locked.

OPC Admin then use the code to fill in a completely separate online Order and this is where errors such as the wrong colour can occur .

Years ago there was also a fuel leak issue and many Macans that were shipped became held up in transit and stored whilst the replacement parts were made, shipped and fitted.

There also have been quite a few Porsche’s shipped missing items that an OPC could fit at a later date although no OPC will admit that incomplete cars have arrived.

We were also aware that delays took place due to wheel shortages and again some cars supplied to OPC’s with temporary wheels, this was mid 2016 and affected 20” spyders and as my Turbo was being build early Sept that year it was touch and go if it would have any wheels at all.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

A friend had his delivered with privacy glass which he originally had in his order and then removed as he didn’t like the dark look. Wouldn’t accept the privacy even with them offering it FOC so the dealer had to change the glass.
MSUK

Post by MSUK »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:06 pm Years ago on here, there was a person whose Macan was delivered in the wrong colour, but mistakes of any kind are fortunately rarely experienced. :)
Thanks for remembering :-) Incorrect colour (Night Blue instead of Volcano Grey) and interior light pack both missed off my car. I still love it though.
-------------------------------------
2019 Macan S, Night Blue, Agate Partial leather, traffic jam assist, turbo wheels, heated seats, sports steering wheel, heated screen, roof transport system. Nut behind the wheel loose.
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

My Taycan CT, collecting this Friday - sat in the nice room to lock down the spec, but the new code wasn't communicated to the admin team so car coming with a few bits missing.

As said above, it was dealt with very professionally and to my satisfaction
Macan
Taycan Turbo
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

neilj007 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:12 pm My Taycan CT, collecting this Friday - sat in the nice room to lock down the spec, but the new code wasn't communicated to the admin team so car coming with a few bits missing.

As said above, it was dealt with very professionally and to my satisfaction
Are you able to share how this was dealt with?