Porsche delivery issues NA

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Interesting vid on the state of play on Porsche delivery in North America. The comments about "deposit farming" don't seem to tally with comments elsewhere on this forum about all Porsche sales execs being the most honest people on the planet. It is, of course, just one persons opinion again.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Whilst components are in short supply there will continue to issues which are made worst to a degree by the automotive industry having a Just In Time policy of component supply.

The system in the USA is a bit different to that within Europe, yes they can have their Porsche built to order but the dealers also have Lot Cars which are new and have a set mix of options included which reflect what the buyers are likely to want included. Probably a bit like the old L, GL, GLS, GT & Ghia levels of trim that Ford used many moons ago.

Probably made worst that the USA is not the main market any more.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
GTB

Post by GTB »

Well that was an interesting video/update from across the pond!

Guy would be better changing his name to the:

images.jpg

Im always the glass half full person, I know my Gen3 GTS will turn up eventually ;) ;)

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

GTB wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:28 pm Well that was an interesting video/update from across the pond!

Guy would be better changing his name to the:

images.jpg

Im always the glass half full person, I know my Gen3 GTS will turn up eventually ;) ;)

GTB
......slightly after you get to meet the guy in your JPG at the current rate