Gen 3 Photos.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Winryn wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:14 pm
Wil wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:59 pm Picked mine up today.
Looks pretty good to me.
I’ll save those pics. Currently my order matches your exterior spec but I’m struggling on colour. Silver, white and gentian are the final 3. Wife has never allowed “us” a blue car but thinks blue may be the one. Only thing that’s putting me off now is the risk of swirls and stone chips challenging my ocd. I’m assuming it’s not going to be an easy colour to maintain 😂
If you have it detailed, the coating will not only protect your paintwork, and remove all the blemishes, it will also make it easier to clean.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Bazza06 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:35 pm
Looks pretty good to me.
I’ll save those pics. Currently my order matches your exterior spec but I’m struggling on colour. Silver, white and gentian are the final 3. Wife has never allowed “us” a blue car but thinks blue may be the one. Only thing that’s putting me off now is the risk of swirls and stone chips challenging my ocd. I’m assuming it’s not going to be an easy colour to maintain 😂
If you have it detailed, the coating will not only protect your paintwork, and remove all the blemishes, it will also make it easier to clean.
Just that !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

MrBaozi wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:42 pm

Not a Macan but Cayenne in Carmine Red. Shows how good it can look hence my incoming Taycan is in Carmine Red.

These are the guys who I usually send my car to for detailing.
It’s easy to pick fault in others work; however it highlights either someone is doing a shoddy job or not being paid enough by a dealer to do it properly. A wash, decontamination , light polish and ceramic coating of bodywork and wheels is at least one and a half days work involving £100+ of products. Just for an exterior detail and ceramic coat I’d expect £1k cost on a car a size of a macan.

I lost all faith in dealership prep when I saw the drying cloths of my BMW dealership hanging over a brick wall to dry. Then, years later, my local OPC ruined my new car with poor prep. I don’t take any dealers word as truth any longer, no surprise there
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

If having my car properly detailed/ceramic coated, I’d always go to a professional & accredited detailer, rather than falling for the ‘offer’ of the OPC car washers attempting the job.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Percymon wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:06 am
MrBaozi wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:42 pm

Not a Macan but Cayenne in Carmine Red. Shows how good it can look hence my incoming Taycan is in Carmine Red.

These are the guys who I usually send my car to for detailing.
It’s easy to pick fault in others work; however it highlights either someone is doing a shoddy job or not being paid enough by a dealer to do it properly. A wash, decontamination , light polish and ceramic coating of bodywork and wheels is at least one and a half days work involving £100+ of products. Just for an exterior detail and ceramic coat I’d expect £1k cost on a car a size of a macan.

I lost all faith in dealership prep when I saw the drying cloths of my BMW dealership hanging over a brick wall to dry. Then, years later, my local OPC ruined my new car with poor prep. I don’t take any dealers word as truth any longer, no surprise there
I had an Audi dealer totally ruin an A4 I'd bought by using a bloody scouring pad to get the sticker adhesive used to fix protective padding on the door!!!!
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Looks pretty good to me.
Blue is a magnet to swirls....
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Looks pretty good to me.
Went through the same process, silver, black, gentian and crayon were the final 4.

Ended up going with silver after seeing it on another GTS, plus:

- black and blue will swirl more and require more maintenance, silver is easy.
- blue looks purple in some lights, puts me off
- black looked too stealthy and boy racer with black wheels
- wife hated crayon, felt it looked beige

Process of elimination led to Dolomite. Wouldn’t normally go for plain old silver, but paired with black accents and wheels, the contrast works really well.

Either way, all colours look awesome!
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

sd1985 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:28 am
Looks pretty good to me.
Went through the same process, silver, black, gentian and crayon were the final 4.

Process of elimination led to Dolomite. Wouldn’t normally go for plain old silver, but paired with black accents and wheels, the contrast works really well.

I’ve seen a fair few pics of the gts in most colours but no dolomite. Noticed there is one in one of the threads awaiting parts and handover so looking forward to those pics. Without proper prep it’s hard to judge
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Winryn wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:24 pm
sd1985 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:28 am

I’ve seen a fair few pics of the gts in most colours but no dolomite. Noticed there is one in one of the threads awaiting parts and handover so looking forward to those pics. Without proper prep it’s hard to judge
Search the members gallery. Plenty on there including mine.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Only an S I am afraid. Love Dolomite Silver

v2 IMG_0963.jpg