Crazy used prices

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Well I had a dilemma !!! My 2016 S D which I've kept well and truly over the time I keep cars, mainly because of such low millage at three years old, followed by a year of lock down and then waiting for Gen 3 launch. Dilemma !! the extended warranty expires end of November, whilst waiting for my new GTS I would at least need to extend this for another year cost £800. It needs four new tires they are all only just road legal, the MOT is due end of November, minor service due December and possibly new brake pads, insurance is due, tax is due. So I'm looking at paying out in the region of least 3.5k in the next four weeks or so.. So I get some prices to sell, OPC £32,500, WBAC £34,250, Motorway £35,725. Then a friend said try Cazoo didn't even Know they brought cars. Cazoo offered £39,275, So I sold to them today and its gone money in bank. In my books I'm at least £42,750 up as I have another car to use, so the decision was a no brainer in my books. Just crazy prices out there on used cars, I only Paid about £46,500 for it, quite a basic model with almost no extras and that was 5 years ago. I've even kept the space saver spare wheel and tools etc as never used, so will sell that as its an 18" and I need 19" for new GTS.

The only down side is I will miss it and the wait for the new GTS will be more agonising. LOL.

PS. Cazoo only stipulate road legal tires, at least 14 days MOT, and they wont take cars which are on finance, If you are thinking of selling worth giving them a try.

New Gen 3 GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN6TEZ34
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

EDZ wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:21 pm Well I had a dilemma !!! My 2016 S D which I've kept well and truly over the time I keep cars, mainly because of such low millage at three years old, followed by a year of lock down and then waiting for Gen 3 launch. Dilemma !! the extended warranty expires end of November, whilst waiting for my new GTS I would at least need to extend this for another year cost £800. It needs four new tires they are all only just road legal, the MOT is due end of November, minor service due December and possibly new brake pads, insurance is due, tax is due. So I'm looking at paying out in the region of least 3.5k in the next four weeks or so.. So I get some prices to sell, OPC £32,500, WBAC £34,250, Motorway £35,725. Then a friend said try Cazoo didn't even Know they brought cars. Cazoo offered £39,275, So I sold to them today and its gone money in bank. In my books I'm at least £42,750 up as I have another car to use, so the decision was a no brainer in my books. Just crazy prices out there on used cars, I only Paid about £46,500 for it, quite a basic model with almost no extras and that was 5 years ago. I've even kept the space saver spare wheel and tools etc as never used, so will sell that as its an 18" and I need 19" for new GTS.

The only down side is I will miss it and the wait for the new GTS will be more agonising. LOL.

PS. Cazoo only stipulate road legal tires, at least 14 days MOT, and they wont take cars which are on finance, If you are thinking of selling worth giving them a try.

New Gen 3 GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN6TEZ34
Great result definitely the right call 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Nice one Mike. Really low depreciation. You have obtained an excellent price and maximised the current situation. Prices seemed to have peaked now on Macans with Gen3s filtering through.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

EDZ wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:21 pm Well I had a dilemma !!! My 2016 S D which I've kept well and truly over the time I keep cars, mainly because of such low millage at three years old, followed by a year of lock down and then waiting for Gen 3 launch. Dilemma !! the extended warranty expires end of November, whilst waiting for my new GTS I would at least need to extend this for another year cost £800. It needs four new tires they are all only just road legal, the MOT is due end of November, minor service due December and possibly new brake pads, insurance is due, tax is due. So I'm looking at paying out in the region of least 3.5k in the next four weeks or so.. So I get some prices to sell, OPC £32,500, WBAC £34,250, Motorway £35,725. Then a friend said try Cazoo didn't even Know they brought cars. Cazoo offered £39,275, So I sold to them today and its gone money in bank. In my books I'm at least £42,750 up as I have another car to use, so the decision was a no brainer in my books. Just crazy prices out there on used cars, I only Paid about £46,500 for it, quite a basic model with almost no extras and that was 5 years ago.
£7k depreciation in 5 years, pretty amazing really! I’ve also got a GTS on order to replace my Macan S, I’ve just looked at Cazoo, the offer is £55,100, temping, very.
But you really should have left the spare wheel & tools with the car, come on.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

SAC1 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:44 pm Nice one Mike. Really low depreciation. You have obtained an excellent price and maximised the current situation. Prices seemed to have peaked now on Macans with Gen3s filtering through.
Prices of gen3 macans seem to have set a new peak. Seen a second hand GTS being sold for £86k, new S being sold around £75k as well.
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

The used (particularly nearly new) market is crazy at present. I've ordered a new Gen 3 S for similar money to that I'd have to pay for pretty much any sub 10k mileage Gen 2 at present. I doubt it will last beyond the middle of next year though, so I've sold my V8 Vantage for more than the total cost of ownership (tax, insurance, annual service, MoT, even all the fuel I've burned) over the the year I've owned it. It means I have to drive Mrs Old Chimer's Mini Countryman until the middle of next year but I'm hoping the wait will be worth it :-)
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Old Chimer wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:59 pm The used (particularly nearly new) market is crazy at present. I've ordered a new Gen 3 S for similar money to that I'd have to pay for pretty much any sub 10k mileage Gen 2 at present. I doubt it will last beyond the middle of next year though, so I've sold my V8 Vantage for more than the total cost of ownership (tax, insurance, annual service, MoT, even all the fuel I've burned) over the the year I've owned it. It means I have to drive Mrs Old Chimer's Mini Countryman until the middle of next year but I'm hoping the wait will be worth it :-)
To be fair I bought my V8 Vantage from an Aston main dealer and sold it to McGurks for only about £2k less than I bought it for after 3 years of ownership and that was way before these bonkers price hikes.
LAJ

Post by LAJ »

I’ve been valuing my Merc E class coupe continuously over the last 6 months due to the extended wait for the GTS (deposit paid Feb). Without fail it’s increased… until the last few weeks when it’s fallen slightly, week on week. Have we topped out?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

LAJ wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:03 pm I’ve been valuing my Merc E class coupe continuously over the last 6 months due to the extended wait for the GTS (deposit paid Feb). Without fail it’s increased… until the last few weeks when it’s fallen slightly, week on week. Have we topped out?
Yes I think so.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/Macan-S-417426 - prices still look pretty high to me!