Crazy used prices

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

PorscheMack wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:26 pm What goes up must come down..
my blood pressure may prove you wrong……

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:32 pm
my blood pressure may prove you wrong……
You're right, but it will increase for a different reason when your car arrives!! :lol:
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

jonnydrama wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:20 pm Will be interesting to see how things play out, I predict a small rise first quarter of next year then tailing off second :mrgreen: Mine will be sold long before then anyway so what will be will be.

Anyone else have a prediction?
My prediction is that they will continue to slowly fall. People are beginning to realise how over priced the second hand market is and what a sizable depreciation knock they will take as the market readjusts. Those that had to buy have done so. Dealers have been crazily buying stock and all now have heaving forecourts, hence the drop in quoted prices by car supermarkets (Cazoo, WBAC) etc. Interest rates are by the looks of it guaranteed to start rising towards the end of the year and at the latest January next year as already stated by the bank of England, so mortgages on the rise and people starting to tighten their belts are just a few factors for my prediction.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

EDZ wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:42 pm
jonnydrama wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:20 pm Will be interesting to see how things play out, I predict a small rise first quarter of next year then tailing off second :mrgreen: Mine will be sold long before then anyway so what will be will be.

My prediction is that they will continue to slowly fall. People are beginning to realise how over priced the second hand market is and what a sizable depreciation knock they will take as the market readjusts. Those that had to buy have done so. Dealers have been crazily buying stock and all now have heaving forecourts, hence the drop in quoted prices by car supermarkets (Cazoo, WBAC) etc. Interest rates are by the looks of it guaranteed to start rising towards the end of the year and at the latest January next year as already stated by the bank of England, so mortgages on the rise and people starting to tighten their belts are just a few factors for my prediction.
I agree with all of this...
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Yes, but the PX/selling prices are also higher, so the counteracts the future depreciation loss in some ways
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Yes, but the PX/selling prices are also higher, so the counteracts the future depreciation loss in some ways
But most people that part exchange are going for a younger and better car at a higher price so their loss will be greater on there new buy. But agree it is slightly better if you are doing part X
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

If you look at this logically when used cars start selling for more than new ones there's only one way this can go.. It's just a case of when!!
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Just checked my previous Boxster T again on WBAC - down another £1,130 since 7th November which therefore means it’s down £10,000 since August ! Glad I sold in August. Just wish my Macan build would get a move on.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:58 am Cazoo are already a few grand below everyone else. Trust me I know as I am in the process of buying.
Some of the Cazoo base and S models have been odd specs, certainly not got the extras a lot of people hear would say were essential (xenons, leather, pano for example). When it comes to their GTS models they are already well spec'd and not too many extras needed to be added when new
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

PCP payments will rise but those who have just signed new, or are about too will have offset that by the higher part ex of current lease. It might take the next wave of PCP renewals to fully see the impact on peoples buying power