Crazy used prices

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MH82

Post by MH82 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:36 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:26 pm What goes up must come down..
Just checked my previous Boxster T again on WBAC - down another £1,130 since 7th November which therefore means it’s down £10,000 since August ! Glad I sold in August. Just wish my Macan build would get a move on.
Same on my sale, £10k less now
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Percymon wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:10 pm
Kleynie wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:58 am Cazoo are already a few grand below everyone else. Trust me I know as I am in the process of buying.
Some of the Cazoo base and S models have been odd specs, certainly not got the extras a lot of people hear would say were essential (xenons, leather, pano for example). When it comes to their GTS models they are already well spec'd and not too many extras needed to be added when new
The one I'm in the process of buying from Cazoo has plenty of extras, only missing auto dimming mirrors, otherwise has pretty much everything, even rear heated seats. Its still on their website marked as sold if you want to look - 17 reg Carmine red.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Percymon wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:12 pm
EDZ wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:42 pm
jonnydrama wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:20 pm Will be interesting to see how things play out, I predict a small rise first quarter of next year then tailing off second :mrgreen: Mine will be sold long before then anyway so what will be will be.

Anyone else have a prediction?
My prediction is that they will continue to slowly fall. People are beginning to realise how over priced the second hand market is and what a sizable depreciation knock they will take as the market readjusts. Those that had to buy have done so. Dealers have been crazily buying stock and all now have heaving forecourts, hence the drop in quoted prices by car supermarkets (Cazoo, WBAC) etc. Interest rates are by the looks of it guaranteed to start rising towards the end of the year and at the latest January next year as already stated by the bank of England, so mortgages on the rise and people starting to tighten their belts are just a few factors for my prediction.
PCP payments will rise but those who have just signed new, or are about too will have offset that by the higher part ex of current lease. It might take the next wave of PCP renewals to fully see the impact on peoples buying power
PCP is fixed for the duration of the contract. Do you mean the cost of signing up to PCP in the future will be higher? Presumably again thats linked to interest rates, not second hand car prices.
hood69

Post by hood69 »

PorscheMack wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:48 pm
jonnydrama wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:20 pm Will be interesting to see how things play out, I predict a small rise first quarter of next year then tailing off second :mrgreen: Mine will be sold long before then anyway so what will be will be.

Anyone else have a prediction?
My prediction is that they will continue to slowly fall. People are beginning to realise how over priced the second hand market is and what a sizable depreciation knock they will take as the market readjusts. Those that had to buy have done so. Dealers have been crazily buying stock and all now have heaving forecourts, hence the drop in quoted prices by car supermarkets (Cazoo, WBAC) etc. Interest rates are by the looks of it guaranteed to start rising towards the end of the year and at the latest January next year as already stated by the bank of England, so mortgages on the rise and people starting to tighten their belts are just a few factors for my prediction.
I agree with all of this...
My GTS has went up a couple of thousand in the last 3 weeks with WBAC so not so sure.
Convertibles will always go down in winter.
I'd expect values to remain strong for a bit yet.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

This base Gen 3 seems pricey

4B766DBC-949B-4A51-A1DA-36F9B736CB9B.png

2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:17 pm
Percymon wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:12 pm

PCP payments will rise but those who have just signed new, or are about too will have offset that by the higher part ex of current lease. It might take the next wave of PCP renewals to fully see the impact on peoples buying power
PCP is fixed for the duration of the contract. Do you mean the cost of signing up to PCP in the future will be higher? Presumably again thats linked to interest rates, not second hand car prices.
People coming off a pcp now will benefit from high residual value, and interest rates are yet to rise. So more equity than expected and reasonable Interest rates. Forward 12 months and those inflated part ex values might have gone and interest rates up 1-2%. Going to be a deal breaker for a lot of buyers/leasers. Porsche won’t be as affected but the mainstream OEMs like Nissan, Ford, PSA will struggle to find the familiy buyers they have done through this period of low interest and higher resale.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:52 pm This base Gen 3 seems pricey
4B766DBC-949B-4A51-A1DA-36F9B736CB9B.png
Is ridiculous - makes the gen3 S models on sale for £75k look good value!
Deleted User 4388

Post by Deleted User 4388 »

Oh, and you cant have it until January 22 because its a demo that will be getting a good thrashing by scores of people over the next 3 months or so.

Nice!
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Dickies16V wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:41 pm Oh, and you cant have it until January 22 because its a demo that will be getting a good thrashing by scores of people over the next 3 months or so.

Nice!
That’ll be nicely run in then 😂
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

WBAC dropped a £1,000 on my car in a week. Glad I've already moved it on :D
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4