Crazy used prices

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
samandrew

Post by samandrew »

A family member that works in logistics at JLR said things are getting worse, not better, so the current 2nd hand car prices are here to stay for the next few years until supply can rise to meet demand again. Having shopped around before deciding on the Macan, the wait times for everything is still generally 6 months +

Factor in everything from the middle of next year will have a built in speed limiter, this generation of cars might be very desirable.
Previous Porsches - 944, 928, 986, 981
Macan S on order

sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

samandrew wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:29 am A family member that works in logistics at JLR said things are getting worse, not better, so the current 2nd hand car prices are here to stay for the next few years until supply can rise to meet demand again. Having shopped around before deciding on the Macan, the wait times for everything is still generally 6 months +

Factor in everything from the middle of next year will have a built in speed limiter, this generation of cars might be very desirable.
Note that speed limiters will come with an on/off button
samandrew

Post by samandrew »

sd1985 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:40 am
samandrew wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:29 am A family member that works in logistics at JLR said things are getting worse, not better, so the current 2nd hand car prices are here to stay for the next few years until supply can rise to meet demand again. Having shopped around before deciding on the Macan, the wait times for everything is still generally 6 months +

All very well until your insurance states you're not covered if you turn it off :)
Macan S on order
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

samandrew wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:06 am

All very well until your insurance states you're not covered if you turn it off :)
I’ll pay for the more expensive insurance option :)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

samandrew wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:06 am

If it's available to turn off as supplied by the manufacturer, and information so far says that it will at least for some time, then insurance will still be valid. Most unlikely some insurers will insist that it stays on as they won't do much business.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
samandrew

Post by samandrew »

Agreed it may never happen, but who knows, I imagine it will creep in to policies over time

It's still not clear to me if even with the limiter turned off, it may still beep at you and display warning messages.
The ETSC only recommends a “full on/off switch” for the limiters should be included “to aid public acceptance at introduction”, indicating it intends to push for even stricter rules in the future. While it would be possible to override the ISA by pushing hard on the accelerator, the system would be activated every time the car is started.

The ETSC’s recommendations also stipulate that “If the driver continues to drive above the speed limit for several seconds, the system should sound a warning for a few seconds and display a visual warning until the vehicle is operating at or below the speed limit again.” Once the car returns to or below the speed limit, the limiter would automatically reactivate.
Macan S on order
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

samandrew wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:20 pm Agreed it may never happen, but who knows, I imagine it will creep in to policies over time

It's still not clear to me if even with the limiter turned off, it may still beep at you and display warning messages.
The ETSC only recommends a “full on/off switch” for the limiters should be included “to aid public acceptance at introduction”, indicating it intends to push for even stricter rules in the future. While it would be possible to override the ISA by pushing hard on the accelerator, the system would be activated every time the car is started.

The ETSC’s recommendations also stipulate that “If the driver continues to drive above the speed limit for several seconds, the system should sound a warning for a few seconds and display a visual warning until the vehicle is operating at or below the speed limit again.” Once the car returns to or below the speed limit, the limiter would automatically reactivate.
On German marques, it may well beep and annoy you.

The last Alfa Romeo I had though (147 GTA) didn't even beep if you'd left your seatbelt off.

Gotta love those crazy Italians, it'll be a long time until they accept speed limiters...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

Well...a month ago, my taycan 4 CT had a WBAC value of £70k.
Three weeks ago, this went up to £85k
Today, it's £92k, above what I paid.....
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

neilj007 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:22 pm Well...a month ago, my taycan 4 CT had a WBAC value of £70k.
Reflecting high demand, and a long lead time for Taycans...? :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:52 pm
neilj007 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:22 pm Well...a month ago, my taycan 4 CT had a WBAC value of £70k.
Reflecting high demand, and a long lead time for Taycans...? :geek:

46 used approved Taycans in OPCs so i dont think they are short of group stock