Long Life Condition Report

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

pmg wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:21 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:16 pm
pmg wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:05 pm When I took my Macan in for its 2-year service the service receptionist came out just after I had checked in and walked around the car to confirm no damage.
The service receptionist at Swindon has done that recently a couple of times with my car. Isn’t it simply to check for damage when the car is checked in, in case I later claim that Porsche have damaged my car while it was in their care?
I didn't gain the impression it was just that from the words the receptionist used at the time.
The staff are super slick, they've been trained well in the art of Bull...t. They have done that too with mine, on every occasion, and said it's to cover themselves. Which you can't really blame them for, but to he honest with us, goes a long way. Trust is a two way thing.

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

pmg wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:05 pm When I took my Macan in for its 2-year service the service receptionist came out just after I had checked in and walked around the car to confirm no damage.
The service receptionist at Swindon has done that recently a couple of times with my car. Isn’t it simply to check for damage when the car is checked in, in case I later claim that Porsche have damaged my car while it was in their care?
Yes, it’s a handover check for damage, nothing more.

As already said, the Long Life Condition Report is listed in the service book and is necessary to maintain the long term bodywork warranty. Mine was done when it came due, but that was at the scheduled two yearly service. If the services were out of schedule temporarily, as in the OP’s case, I would expect an on-the-ball service advisor to have picked that up and got it done. I’d have thought thar Porsche should at least be coming up with a goodwill gesture here.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

You Sir are being fleeced.
My car is also at Brooklands at present having the seat belt warning fixed, I too have a 1.2 Fiesta as a loaner, but that’s fine. So far I have nothing to complain about, but then I am used to Guildford’s shoddy service.

Keep us informed. I didn’t even own my car at 2 years old, so I wonder where that leaves me?

We could just swap cars and I’ll fix the water problem myself !
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:09 pm
Yes, it’s a handover check for damage, nothing more.

As already said, the Long Life Condition Report is listed in the service book and is necessary to maintain the long term bodywork warranty. Mine was done when it came due, but that was at the scheduled two yearly service. If the services were out of schedule temporarily, as in the OP’s case, I would expect an on-the-ball service advisor to have picked that up and got it done. I’d have thought thar Porsche should at least be coming up with a goodwill gesture here.
This is correct and needs to be dated and stamped in the service book. It needs to be done every two years to keep the warranty valid. The checks and report should be done at no additional cost.
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I've been meaning to check my service book since this came up, done it today. Thankfully it was completed on the same day as the 24 month service:

20211021_133409.jpg

I'd say if the service stamp is there, as mine is, but this isn't it's either an oversight that the dealer would happily correct or a failure for which they should be held liable.

20211021_133355.jpg

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP