Gtechniq Treatment

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:23 pm As stated please read the thread that I started many years ago, its content is still valid.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5106&hilit=Washing+and+detailing

66159EE3-C88E-450F-BDEA-D0B52A2B696D.jpeg

My Turbo this year (below) and as it was when I collected it from the Pro Detailer (above) after they gave it the full external monty, I specifically instructed them not to treat anything internally and five years later it still looks like new inside. Externally the treatment has held up very well but it does require correct washing,mdrying and top up treatments (DIY works fine)

I would only ever have an OPC undertake the treatment IF they did a full paint correction first, my Pro Detailer had my car for three days, one day and a half they spent on paint correction and correcting the wheels, they spent half a day applying the treatments and the car stayed on jacks with wheels off for another full day, I left it overnight and collecyted it the following morning. An OPC is very unlikely to spend so much time and effort onna customer car.

Good luck
Thanks Col, and others.

Deleted User 4449

Post by Deleted User 4449 »

Dear Omni
That is a cracking price for that , ask them is it done by them in-house or do they subcontract it out .

We had ours done through OPC it was ABC Detailing and his work is exceptional .

I used to be like you and enjoyed the wax on wax off process but that was the way to do it …but not no more .

We have had our last 4 cars done and it’s worth every penny …I agree with Andrea’s comments you want to try and minimise contact with the paint I do the same wash procedure as Andrea’s but I use a lambs wool wash mitt .

The. New car prep usually includes a machine polish were they remove all buffer trails , swirls , and imperfections in the paint and there will be some …then they apply the ceramic coating ..

I washed mine for the first time on Sunday and it was a breeze the paintwork is perfect 🤩

4C603DE1-22D6-4F8A-A525-9E936B09667B.jpeg

Deleted User 4436

Highflyer99 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:48 pm Dear Omni
That is a cracking price for that , ask them is it done by them in-house or do they subcontract it out .

We had ours done through OPC it was ABC Detailing and his work is exceptional .

I used to be like you and enjoyed the wax on wax off process but that was the way to do it …but not no more .

We have had our last 4 cars done and it’s worth every penny …I agree with Andrea’s comments you want to try and minimise contact with the paint I do the same wash procedure as Andrea’s but I use a lambs wool wash mitt .

The. New car prep usually includes a machine polish were they remove all buffer trails , swirls , and imperfections in the paint and there will be some …then they apply the ceramic coating ..

I washed mine for the first time on Sunday and it was a breeze the paintwork is perfect 🤩
Thanks. I’d say that’s a cracking looking car, but as its externally the same as the one I have on order it would be a bit self serving. It is cracking though 😊
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Doesn't Gtechniq need to be applied by an authorised detailer?
Or is for just some of their products, like the Ultra Serum?
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Tyrrell

Post by Tyrrell »

If you go on there web site they offer a retail product for dealerships to apply.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYDQZL5
718 Spyder PTS arriving March 2023.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I only let them do it because they didn’t charge me and I couldn’t be bothered to sort it elsewhere in the short term

If you want it doing get a proper detailer to do it
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

Tracky wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:44 pm I only let them do it because they didn’t charge me and I couldn’t be bothered to sort it elsewhere in the short term

If you want it doing get a proper detailer to do it
👍
Tyrrell

Post by Tyrrell »

👍
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYDQZL5
718 Spyder PTS arriving March 2023.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

👍
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

As for washing I have only use Gtechniq products for the last five years and what follows is my way I wash my old bus.

Snow Foam, wait 10 minutes, hose off.

Use Fall Out Remover if necessary

Wash using two bucket method, only light pressure of the sheepskin wash glove and straight movement. One glove for high another for below the sideblades.

Use wheel woolies

Rinse off

Wash using Gtechniq wash using the above technique

Rinse

Lay Maguires Magic Towels on the surfaces, pat lightly. Lay them against vertical surfaces and pat dry. I do not move the towels.

Polish glass.

Spray on Top Up as per instructions on the bottle

Job done.

Five years later, it still looks great, me not so great.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags