Gtechniq Treatment

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jeez.

Not sure I could be arsed with all that!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S

Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Tracky wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:47 pm Jeez.

😂
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:34 pm As for washing I have only use Gtechniq products for the last five years and what follows is my way I wash my old bus.

Snow Foam, wait 10 minutes, hose off.

Use Fall Out Remover if necessary

Wash using two bucket method, only light pressure of the sheepskin wash glove and straight movement. One glove for high another for below the sideblades.

Use wheel woolies

Rinse off

Wash using Gtechniq wash using the above technique

Rinse

Lay Maguires Magic Towels on the surfaces, pat lightly. Lay them against vertical surfaces and pat dry. I do not move the towels.

Polish glass.

Spray on Top Up as per instructions on the bottle

Job done.

Five years later, it still looks great, me not so great.
Sensible wash technique - compare that to the £5 hand wash sponge monkeys with their harsh chemicals, dirty wash solutions and drying cloths
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Tracky wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:47 pm Jeez.

Amen to that brother 🥴
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
bompey

Post by bompey »

Just read this thread but still not much wiser. If I’m the lazy bastard sort who doesn’t wash their Macan often and takes it to the local hand wash (£10 round my way) is there any point getting gtechniq treatment? My new Macan arrives shortly and I’m trying to decide whether to get it gtechniq’d, or should I get something else. What is PPF, or ceramic detailing?

Supposedly the local OPC do not do it in-house but give it to a professional retailer.

Cheers
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

bompey wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:33 pm Just read this thread but still not much wiser. If I’m the lazy bastard sort who doesn’t wash their Macan often and takes it to the local hand wash (£10 round my way) is there any point getting gtechniq treatment? My new Macan arrives shortly and I’m trying to decide whether to get it gtechniq’d, or should I get something else. What is PPF, or ceramic detailing?

Supposedly the local OPC do not do it in-house but give it to a professional retailer.

Cheers
It sounds to me that if you get the ceramic coating you can’t (or shouldn’t) get it washed by the Tesco washers. Frankly, if the responses on here are correct, it sounds way more of a faff than a benefit to me. I actually enjoy washing my car and keeping it nice and shiny but I’m happy to do that with detailing polish, canuba wax etc.

I had my BMW coated and frankly I’m not sure I could tell the difference. Also I have no requirement to have the inside done ( makes the car stink for a while ) and the OPC have said they charge the same if I have just the outside done or the outside and inside.
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

bompey wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:33 pm Just read this thread but still not much wiser. If I’m the lazy bastard sort who doesn’t wash their Macan often and takes it to the local hand wash (£10 round my way) is there any point getting gtechniq treatment? My new Macan arrives shortly and I’m trying to decide whether to get it gtechniq’d, or should I get something else. What is PPF, or ceramic detailing?

Cheers
If you take it to your local car wash, don’t bother with the treatment,save yourself about £600ish. PPF Iis a kind of film coating that can be fitted to your car usually on the front but can go anywhere , it’s good for preventing stone chips etc. :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Deleted User 4436

Sweetmeister wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:56 pm

Cheers
If you take it to your local car wash, don’t bother with the treatment,save yourself about £600ish. PPF Iis a kind of film coating that can be fitted to your car usually on the front but can go anywhere , it’s good for preventing stone chips etc. :D
I had PPF on the Aston, on the nose and wheel arches. Its pretty good but you need to make sure the paint is really clean underneath it before its fitted.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:58 pm

Cheers
I had PPF on the Aston, on the nose and wheel arches. Its pretty good but you need to make sure the paint is really clean underneath it before its fitted.
Do OPCs fit this stuff as well?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:15 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:58 pm

Do OPCs fit this stuff as well?
i don’t think so. Aston ‘“had it fitted” but it was a private company that did it