Horn & sounds

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
LAJ

Post by LAJ »

Good morning!
On my Merc there is a feature I have come to love. The ability for the vehicle to sound the horn when I lock it with the key fob. It’s reassuring and very helpful in huge car parks… for example at Chester Zoo. Can you do the same on the Macan?

Are there any other sounds the Macan has that you can turn on or off?

Wishing you all a great day 👍🏻

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Yes, until the next generation an Engine‼️😂😂😂🤐
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Guy

Post by Guy »

LAJ wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:03 am The ability for the vehicle to sound the horn when I lock it with the key fob.

In UK, this was common back in the 80s/90s when remote locking was introduced. It was also very annoying for neighbours, hence I think it was banned under UK legislation, and locking can now only be confirmed visually (light flash etc). The UK Macan does emit a chirp if you try to lock when a door or bonnet/boot is not properly closed, which is useful.

I think that Macans in the US still chirp on locking, so it may be 'codable' if you have access to PIWIS.

EDIT: Or you could fit this: https://www.kufatec.com/en/coding-diagn ... sche-44092
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Guy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:20 am
LAJ wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:03 am The ability for the vehicle to sound the horn when I lock it with the key fob.

In UK, this was common back in the 80s/90s when remote locking was introduced. It was also very annoying for neighbours, hence I think it was banned under UK legislation, and locking can now only be confirmed visually (light flash etc). The UK Macan does emit a chirp if you try to lock when a door or bonnet/boot is not properly closed, which is useful.

I think that Macans in the US still chirp on locking, so it may be 'codable' if you have access to PIWIS.

EDIT: Or you could fit this: https://www.kufatec.com/en/coding-diagn ... sche-44092
Rule 112 of The Highway Code states:

'The horn. Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively.

You MUST NOT use your horn:

while stationary on the road
when driving in a built-up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am except when another road user poses a danger.

My 11yo has asked if it could make a fart sound and if that would be legal?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Also, bear in mind you are talking about a car in 2021 that still starts with a key!
LAJ

Post by LAJ »

I didnt know that... but why would I? haha. It was/is absolutely a feature of my 2017 Merc E class coupe. Hit the lock button on the key and the lights flash and the horn gives one beep. You can turn it off or on. I find it useful at night just to make sure the car is locked.
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

LAJ wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:17 am

I didnt know that... but why would I? haha. It was/is absolutely a feature of my 2017 Merc E class coupe. Hit the lock button on the key and the lights flash and the horn gives one beep. You can turn it off or on. I find it useful at night just to make sure the car is locked.
My 2019 Merc A35 (terrible car) had the audible horn when you locked it.
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

My Boxster does it after adding a very neat unit made by Mods4Cars. I love it
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

My SD gives a horn warning, but only when something’s not right,eg, door, bonnet or boot not shut correctly.