Playing media via USB port on Gen 3

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Gormanlad

Post by Gormanlad »

Had new Gen 3 come this week but can’t get any media access via USB ports any one else had same problem? :(

pmg

Post by pmg »

Gormanlad wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:41 pm Had new Gen 3 come this week but can’t get any media access via USB ports any one else had same problem? :(
Are you trying the rear USB ports or the ones in the centre storage?

What was the file structure on the USB stick?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Gormanlad

Post by Gormanlad »

USB ports in centre storage memory stick ok in 992 but nothing when I insert in Macan
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

I am getting increasingly concerned that most of the Gen 3’s are coming through with just USB-C’s in the front with no SIM or SD slot. Based on this post the really worrying bit is, are they just charging points now like the ones in the back? Have they removed all connectivity expecting people to use Bluetooth?

Those that have received their Gen 3 should ask their OPC and let the rest of us know.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I would insist it is retro fitted
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

What's the format of the USB that you are using? I have mine (the one I use in my BMW formatted to FAT32). Might be worth trying different formats.
- Macan Volcano Grey / Bordeaux Red Interior
- First time Porsche Owner
Gormanlad

Post by Gormanlad »

Tried different formats none seem to work going to pop into dealer see what they say, bit frustrating
Deleted User 4436

Gormanlad wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:21 pm Tried different formats none seem to work going to pop into dealer see what they say, bit frustrating
Can you update us on how you get on? Thanks

Out of curiosity, are you getting any kind of message at all, like a format message or does it just do nothing? Also, have you checked if the ports are charging ?
Gormanlad

Post by Gormanlad »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:36 pm
Gormanlad wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:21 pm Tried different formats none seem to work going to pop into dealer see what they say, bit frustrating

Out of curiosity, are you getting any kind of message at all, like a format message or does it just do nothing? Also, have you checked if the ports are charging ?
Will do.

No message just does nothing but ports do charge
Deleted User 4436

Gormanlad wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:28 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:36 pm

Will do.

No message just does nothing but ports do charge
thanks. my concern is that all they do now is charge. i have an iphone so presumably can do most of what i need via car play, but if you can no longer use the ports to connect a phone Android users are going to be properly peeved.

that may be why they got rid of the SD and SIM connectors, because there is no manual connectivity at all, just charging and bluetooth