PEC Visit - Gen 3 S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Spent the afternoon at PEC at Silverstone yesterday driving the new gen 3 Macan S, which only had a mere 50 miles on the clock! What can I say? The car is truly amazing in every aspect from performance, to handling and the new interior! The difference in performance from the gen 2 demo that I had previously driven to the gen 3 was immense. It literally went like a train with so much more readily available power and it handled like a dream. I am genuinely shocked how well it went round the track for a big car. It felt like it was on rails with hardly any body roll, even when driving in the standard set up.

The consultant was a previous Formula Ford British champion and let me push the car to its limits, with some excellent guidance on how to improve my driving. I certainly could feel and see the difference in on how much smoother and quicker I was by the end of the first session. The Macan didn't lose hardly any ground when on the straight behind a 911.

The kick plate and ice hill are great fun and they switched the ice hill around in the afternoon so manage to try going both up and down.

Must say one of the best days I've had for years and it certainly confirmed that I made the correct decision in buying a Macan S - Can't wait for it to be delivered now!! :D

Here are some pics I took whilst I was there and a nice yellow one for you Wing Commander!! . P.S. The food was also lovely!

Think I will pay to go there again next year and try the 911 :-)

Cheers

IMG_8536.jpg

IMG_8535.jpg

IMG_8525.jpg

IMG_8524.jpg

IMG_8523.jpg

IMG_8522.jpg

IMG_8521.jpg

IMG_8520.jpg

resjud

Post by resjud »

I've got my PEC visit coming up in a couple of weeks. Was the Macan S on air suspension or standard? Or is there a choice?
Macan S delivered Jan 2022: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7N8UC1
Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

Looks great. Out of interest how long after placing the order did you get the invite to PEC?
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey
resjud

Post by resjud »

Sniperob wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:49 pm Looks great. Out of interest how long after placing the order did you get the invite to PEC?
I got bored waiting for my invite to turn up and so I called them and they said they had spaces. I ordered in early August and hadn't received an invitation by the time I called them last week.
Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

resjud wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:53 pm
Sniperob wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:49 pm Looks great. Out of interest how long after placing the order did you get the invite to PEC?
I got bored waiting for my invite to turn up and so I called them and they said they had spaces. I ordered in early August and hadn't received an invitation by the time I called them last week.
Thanks for that, I will give them a call to see if I can get something arranged soon.
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

resjud wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:47 pm I've got my PEC visit coming up in a couple of weeks. Was the Macan S on air suspension or standard? Or is there a choice?
The silver one there had standard suspension
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

I ordered end of June but I made the call to PEC and arranged it myself. They just check with your OPC that an order has been completed.
resjud

Post by resjud »

MacanSman wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:57 pm
resjud wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:47 pm I've got my PEC visit coming up in a couple of weeks. Was the Macan S on air suspension or standard? Or is there a choice?
The silver one there had standard suspension
Great, thanks. I just didn't want to drive an S with air and find it amazing, then regret that I hadn't ordered air on mine. That way, I can't mourn what I've never had!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Glad that you had a great time, and thanks for the pics of the yellow cars! ;)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad you enjoyed the experience.

For those who have yet to go, it is well worthwhile giving them a ring and try to arrange that you drive a Macan as close to your spec as you can with regard to seats, suspension, wheel size and with SC if applicable to your probable build.

I was umming and erring over air and they provided one with air and a ride around the exterior roads convinced me it was what I was seeking.

So yes, well worth a call to the PEC
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags