Macan GTS v 911 GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Lanmate

Post by Lanmate »

True, whereas I plan to keep for 4-5 years and estimate at < 30k miles, so I don't anticipate needing new rotors.
Gen3 GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPRAXAE8

Ordered 11th Aug 2021, Arrived OPC 7th Oct 2022, Collected 9th Dec 2022

MH82

Post by MH82 »

And bearing in mind a new set of pccb rotors is £20k, the £3.5k upgrade cost is the biggest bargain on the options list
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

So there I am at the PEC thrashing a 911C4 GTS around the handling circuit as fast as I can, catching and overtaking everything.

Then this Macan Turbo PP (same power and suspension as a gen3 GTS) driven by one of the Instructors comes on the circuit and catches me up so I have to let him past.

So yeah in the right hands the gen 3 Macan GTS you will have is more than fast enough for you for real world driving.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Lanmate wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:44 pm

I've also read elsewhere that PCCB's are not recommended for track use, so my question becomes, when are they needed?
Because on track they still wear quickly under that pressure so it’s cheaper to put standard disks on. That’s what my guys do even when they have pccb
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:11 pm So there I am at the PEC thrashing a 911C4 GTS around the handling circuit as fast as I can, catching and overtaking everything.

Then this Macan Turbo PP (same power and suspension as a gen3 GTS) driven by one of the Instructors comes on the circuit and catches me up so I have to let him past.

So yeah in the right hands the gen 3 Macan GTS you will have is more than fast enough for you for real world driving.
Then you were driving slow and everyone you were overtaking was driving even slower
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:11 pm So there I am at the PEC thrashing a 911C4 GTS around the handling circuit as fast as I can, catching and overtaking everything.

Not trying to say I am any sort of expert driver (as I am NOT), but only 1 Taycan passed me on the PEC day when I was in the new G3 Macan S last week, and I was told to slow and let the car pass........ But I do ride and race bikes, karts etc and have that racing passion...... So I'd say the Macan "S" works equally as well against all of them, including the Macan GTS and the 911. The ones on the track didn't make much ground on the corners and certainly didn't pull much gap on the straight... I was so impressed by the G3 S.

Quote "So yeah in the right hands the gen 3 Macan GTS you will have is more than fast enough for you for real world driving", Id say the Macan S is equally too, fast enough for real world driving and competitive on the track ....
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

We better make sure we don’t all go to PEC on the same day as we all seem to be the fastest men on the track on the day we are there 😜
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

MCDK wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:24 am We better make sure we don’t all go to PEC on the same day as we all seem to be the fastest men on the track on the day we are there 😜
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

After driving a 992s and Macan ll turbo back to back at PEC, there's no way the Macan would keep up with the 911. I love my Macan ll turbo, but you can feel the weight difference straight away.
The Macan ll turbo (Macan lll gts) is a superb vehicle for day to day use though, great power/ handling and just the right height to read the roads.
But jump in a 911, you then understand why they are held in such high regards.

Tracky has both, think he could explain it even better than most on here.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:38 am After driving a 992s and Macan ll turbo back to back at PEC, there's no way the Macan would keep up with the 911. I love my Macan ll turbo, but you can feel the weight difference straight away.
The Macan ll turbo (Macan lll gts) is a superb vehicle for day to day use though, great power/ handling and just the right height to read the roads.
But jump in a 911, you then understand why they are held in such high regards.

Tracky has both, think he could explain it even better than most on here.
The beetle is quicker

Is that good enough 😉
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S