Noob questions

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wil

Post by Wil »

Ok, so I’m new to Porsche and coming from long term institutionalised Mercedes ownership. I don’t know how anything works and I want to know.
First thing that struck me is the ambient lighting in the doors. There’s a bank of leds in there, but they’re not coming on. I can’t find anything in any menus to switch them on or off. What am I missing?
There’ll be more of this noob stuff as I come across it btw.
Thanks in advance.

Also, what does everyone think of the brakes? They felt pretty average to me on my drive home, but I’ve only done 20 miles, so they will probably improve with a bit of bedding in. I hope so anyway.

Ta.

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Wil wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:24 pm Ok, so I’m new to Porsche and coming from long term institutionalised Mercedes ownership. I don’t know how anything works and I want to know.
First thing that struck me is the ambient lighting in the doors. There’s a bank of leds in there, but they’re not coming on. I can’t find anything in any menus to switch them on or off. What am I missing?
Thanks in advance.

Also, what does everyone think of the brakes? They felt pretty average to me on my drive home, but I’ve only done 20 miles, so they will probably improve with a bit of bedding in. I hope so anyway.

Ta.
What model do you have?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Wil

Post by Wil »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:26 pm What model do you have?
Gen 3 gts.
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Had similar thoughts with brakes on my Gen 2 GTS when driving back after collecting car from my supplying OPC. Don't worry they get better very quickly. No complaints about stopping power.
Porsche Macan GTS 2021
Dolomite Silver
Porsche Code PMNJRMQ7
ianst

Post by ianst »

Wil wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:24 pm Ok, so I’m new to Porsche and coming from long term institutionalised Mercedes ownership. I don’t know how anything works and I want to know.
Thanks in advance.

Ta.
switch in the roof iirc
hold it to adjust brightness
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
ianst

Post by ianst »

From the good to know app

5C57CC32-3C30-41C9-874B-9945058A9100.jpeg

959D0282-5A8B-41C3-A2CE-D00BFB92FD59.png

MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
Wil

Post by Wil »

Thanks all, seems it’s button f I needed. The lights aren’t very bright, but they’re on at least.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

I gave the brakes a couple of good 70mph to 20mph hard stops within the first 2 miles of driving mine, I've never thought they were poor.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Rarecolour wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:41 am I gave the brakes a couple of good 70mph to 20mph hard stops within the first 2 miles of driving mine, I've never thought they were poor.
Why? That's the opposite of Porsche's, and any other manufacturer's, recommendations for running a car in. Mating surfaces of every moving component in the car need slow and progressive increments in load in order to achieve optimal condition and performance, and that includes the pads and discs. Conversely, severe loading from the outset can cause permanent damage. The tyres also need running in as new ones have a smooth and greasy surface from the moulding process so hard braking on new tyres risks losing grip and control of the car.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Wil wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:24 pm
As Nick says above and you surmise, they will improve a lot with bedding in. For the brakes it takes around 100 miles for the rest of the car around 1800 (RTFM strongly recommended :D )
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel