Day out at PEC today!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Ken C wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:20 am
Ken C wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:33 am Good morning all,

I thought I’ll update you all regarding my PEC experience.

To remind you all, on my day at the PEC, I was given a Macan 2.0 to drive, where on my booking it stated Macan S, same as my new order.

I had written to PEC to investigate why this was the case and after a couple of days investigating, they had found that when they entered the car license into the system to pull from their pool of cars, they had entered incorrectly one of the characters and allocated me the wrong car to me drive.

They have very kindly apologised and offered me another half day PEC experience with the Macan S.

Thank you all to those who asked me to follow up with PEC on this matter.

I have my PEC “re-”experience booked for the 20th December. So really looking forward to this again. I have asked if I could bring my wife and 8 year daughter to watch the experience and they kindly agreed and also offering the breakfast, lunch and refreshments for them too. My daughter has been going on how she wished she could have gone last time and being Xmas school break and wife also off from work until the new year, it was great timing.

She is so excited about getting our Macan S when it finally arrives and the Porsche brand overall. I think she will be an avid future Porsche enthusiast with many coming her way.

This in the mean time at least lessens the blow of the recent news of our Macan S order.

I will keep you posted on my experience of the day.
Great news! It will be a lovely family day out for you all! :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

You could maybe go to the silverstone museum after while you are there
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

[/quote]

She is so excited about getting our Macan S when it finally arrives and the Porsche brand overall. I think she will be an avid future Porsche enthusiast with many coming her way.

[/quote]

“She is so excited” referring to my 8 year old daughter.
Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Ordered July 21, Collected February 22
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Tracky wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:23 am You could maybe go to the silverstone museum after while you are there
Thanks Tracky.

We could do! If they’re not too tired from watching and waiting for me for 2.5 hrs.

We’re not too far away from the PEC, just 20 mins / 9 miles away in Buckingham, so we could pop by again another time for the museum if they are tired on that day.
Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

To remind you all, on my day at the PEC, I was given a Macan 2.0 to drive, where on my booking it stated Macan S, same as my new order.

I had written to PEC to investigate why this was the case and after a couple of days investigating, they had found that when they entered the car license into the system to pull from their pool of cars, they had entered incorrectly one of the characters and allocated me the wrong car to me drive.

They have very kindly apologised and offered me another half day PEC experience with the Macan S.

I have my PEC “re-”experience booked for the 20th December. So really looking forward to this again. I have asked if I could bring my wife and 8 year daughter to watch the experience and they kindly agreed and also offering the breakfast, lunch and refreshments for them too. My daughter has been going on how she wished she could have gone last time and being Xmas school break and wife also off from work until the new year, it was great timing.

This in the mean time at least lessens the blow of the recent news of our Macan S order.

I went with my partner and 11yo and PEC staff were superb. Had a turbo as the new GTS wasn't there. Turbo was lovely. We then went and drove a new base at OPC that day to have a look at the new switches etc.

They even took my son out for a blast round.

You will have a super day.
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Nelladrahcire wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:04 pm

I went with my partner and 11yo and PEC staff were superb. Had a turbo as the new GTS wasn't there. Turbo was lovely. We then went and drove a new base at OPC that day to have a look at the new switches etc.

They even took my son out for a blast round.

You will have a super day.
Thanks Nelladrahcire

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Ken C wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:56 am
Tracky wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:23 am You could maybe go to the silverstone museum after while you are there
Thanks Tracky.

We could do! If they’re not too tired from watching and waiting for me for 2.5 hrs.

We’re not too far away from the PEC, just 20 mins / 9 miles away in Buckingham, so we could pop by again another time for the museum if they are tired on that day.
Fair enough - I’ve not been myself despite going to silverstone a number of times this year

Just thought I’d mention it to make a day out of it if you are travelling but clearly you are not!!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

It’s great to see how accommodating is the staff at PEC.

I have seen a few girlfriends and moms having a coffee and cake upstairs, while the hubby was letting his inner-caveman loose on the track.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

Any thoughts on a specific PEC experience?

For me the highlight was the kick-plate or lateral-butt-kicker. Given the awesome power that Porsche delivers, one needs to exercise losing and regaining control of the vehicle. The faster one drives the harder the plate would kick your rear-end to go sideways.
My first test run ended with me getting kicked sideways and after few uncontrollable doughnuts I stopped on the side.
My second run was better, I ran sideways for few yards and stopped facing backwards (180°)
My third run was much better, after left and right (what might look like badly executed scandi-flick) I regained control and finished well.
My 4th and 5th run was in Sport and Sport+ mode, which was better and better.
And my 6th run was with all electronic witchcraft off. No ABS, no Traction Control, no Stability control, just the man and the machine. Well, I aced it and the instructor was rather impressed.

At that point I decided that I want the PDK, not a Manual shifter. Rather than me trying to get to the right gear in sub-second while I am fighting lateral forces, the box is very clever to select just the right gear.

I was fortunate enough to drive Cayman GTS, which arguably is one of the sweetest street and track vehicle, with mid-engine chassis configuration and 911 6-zyl-boxer motor in it.

I have learned a lot and drove away wiser and better equipped.

What was your highlight?
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Possibly the kick plate also. My instructor was a Welsh gent from Swansea (sadly can't remember his name), he said the worst place you can end up is in the gravel, my 1st go ended with the front nearside wheel in the gravel :lol:
All good after that though, he even got me to do my 4th 5th and 6th goes with my eyes shut, allowing the car to go further into a slide each time.
The whole experience was impressive, thought the instructor was fantastic, he really pushed me in both vehicles (Macan Turbo and 911s).
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)