Day out at PEC today!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Having my PEC today! Should be lots of fun.
Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Ordered July 21, Collected February 22

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Whoop, Whoop!

What are you driving?

Pics?
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great day out :D :D
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Ken C wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:24 am Having my PEC today! Should be lots of fun.
What did you get to drive. I have booked mine for a week on Monday.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Hi all,

I only got to drive a base Macan 2.0, though on the booking receipt it specified a Macan S for the day.

A little disappointed as my own AUDI Q3 has more power than the 2.0. But the driving experience of understanding how the car drives and how to control in engaging driving was fun.

I would never push my own car and drive around like on a race track on public road but learning how to control the car in a slide or how capable it is in hard accelerating and braking is a new experience.

The Macan is a heavy car and you learn about the inertia and how to control the weight of the car just a little underwhelming by the power on the race track.

The instructor did say they had about 20 cars or every model and driving around parts of the compound, there are a lot of Porsches so I wonder why I only had the base Macan. It’s worth asking ahead whether you could have an S or GTS to avoid any disappointed expectations.

I test drove a Macan S from Silverstone OPC a few weeks back and you can feel the power, so when you expect to learn to push another Macan S around a track with guidance and only been given a base 2.0 😔

All staff are all very friendly, just wished the experience was more thrilling.

Love to hear others experiences who managed to drive a Macan S.

FCBAA329-A50D-4908-BB39-F2BB8509145D.jpeg

38B163E5-4A9A-4828-AD8C-238EFB313AA4.jpeg

E9CC2D7F-DED1-4856-B08F-DED0481AAD21.jpeg

C0EA5996-2D67-4BAC-8CA5-A7FB51B6E582.jpeg

Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I went last month, I asked for a 911 Carreras 4S and only got the standard 2 wheel drive 911, still a get car though, so not much of a disappointment.

The bit I loved was braking from 80mph and changing lanes at the same time, does teach you a lot.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Yes the high speed switching lanes while emergency braking was fun.

It is interesting how they teach you to use the accelerator to control the car spinning out of control. I think most people’s reaction is to let go of the accelerator to slow down, but you actually keep the gas at the position and counter steer.

And using the brakes to transfer the weight of the car to the front and accelerate through the corner keeps the car more stable and pushing you through smoother and faster, rather than feeling the car lean and understeer.

Using your hand/thumb to pull down into the turn rather than pushing with the other hand is interesting.

pmg

Post by pmg »

I thought of a possible reason you got a 2.0 lit rather than the booked S. I assume with Covid all vehicles are disinfected/ cleaned after each use. If on a day there's a shortage of booked cleaning staff due to say illness, then that could generate the unavailability of an S. I would be surprised if the booking system let them book out vehicles that they did not have but post-booking events ccould mean a car is not available
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I’d be very annoyed if all they had was the base to drive after I’d travelled near on 200 miles and stayed overnight in a hotel.

Lesson to be learned for the future and for others, ring the PEC a couple of day’s before to confirm the model, follow it up with an eMail, then ring them up before you set off to confirm.

Write to Porsche HQ with a copy to the PEC and you never know you may get another invite.

Also a complaint to your OPC may get some action even if its an extra freebie on collection.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Loving the Racing Yellow 992 and the Boxster 25th Anniversary in the atrium :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018