GTS final PCP payment

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Personally I wouldn't bother with the GTS. I specced up an S and a GTS with the spec I want and I honestly just don't see the point of it. I am currently in a 2.0 Gen 3 Macan which has been leant to me until our car arrives. I originally thought it was going to be a pile of dog turd but truthfully in the real world its all you need and I have been secretly quite impressed.

The reason not to get a 2.0 is because it sounds rubbish. For me the S is the sweet spot, I am not going to hoon around in an SUV and with 380 bhp it is pretty much the same power to weight ratio as a MK 7.5 Golf R or an S3. On top of this it sounds good as it has a V6.

My S is coming in at £64,000 and a GTS specced up with equivalent spec is coming in at £73,000. Of course others won't share this view and that's fine we are all different. I am unsure about monthly finance figures as I am buying cash but if you have nursery fees to pay I would put that as a priority over a car.

On a separate note I would be surprised if you get a GTS now before 2023.

samandrew

Post by samandrew »

mistercesq wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:44 pm Personally I wouldn't bother with the GTS. I specced up an S and a GTS with the spec I want and I honestly just don't see the point of it. I am currently in a 2.0 Gen 3 Macan which has been leant to me until our car arrives. I originally thought it was going to be a pile of dog turd but truthfully in the real world its all you need and I have been secretly quite impressed.

The reason not to get a 2.0 is because it sounds rubbish. For me the S is the sweet spot, I am not going to hoon around in an SUV and with 380 bhp it is pretty much the same power to weight ratio as a MK 7.5 Golf R or an S3. On top of this it sounds good as it has a V6.

My S is coming in at £64,000 and a GTS specced up with equivalent spec is coming in at £73,000. Of course others won't share this view and that's fine we are all different. I am unsure about monthly finance figures as I am buying cash but if you have nursery fees to pay I would put that as a priority over a car.

On a separate note I would be surprised if you get a GTS now before 2023.
Oh I totally agree, our current car is a Fiesta ST and I can count one 1 hand the number of times this year I've been able to use all the performance it has to offer. The 2.0 is all you need, but the S will put a smile on your face one those few occasions you aren't stuck in traffic and the car isn't loaded up with the family.

Having a quick play with the numbers the GTS with 3k of options works out the same per month as the S with 9.5K. The GTS is still better equipped as it has the extra exterior trim, PSCB brakes, 21" wheels, and the GTS suspension. If the actual residual value is stronger as well, than that firmly swings it towards the GTS, but if it's going to be 12-18 month delivery time then that could put and end to it. Lets see what the dealer says :)
Previous Porsches - 944, 928, 986, 981
Macan S on order
Wil

Post by Wil »

It does also depend what options you're speccing, We looked at the S vs GTS equation before ordering the gts, but found that quite a few of the options we wanted on an s were standard on a gts, so actually the gts was only about 5k more (that's from memory, don't quote me), in which case it became a no brainer.

Also, ive just remembered, when we did the specs it was prior to the gen3 prices being released, so we were comparing a gen 2 s with a gen 2 gts, it's entirely possible there'd be a bigger difference now with the extra power the new gts has.
samandrew

Post by samandrew »

Got to remind myself the gen 3 S is at the level of the gen 2 GTS (without the GTS body and badging).

I think I've come to my senses, if we do keep the car (real possibility if there is no equivalent to replace it with down the line) then you are paying the extra in the long run, and I think the 21" wheels are too big, and the surface coated brakes will cost a lot more to replace (although that's a long way down the line), and the extra performance is unusable on the road. Plus the longer lead time. I think I've successfully talked myself out of it haha.
Previous Porsches - 944, 928, 986, 981
Macan S on order