Keeping her clean! :D

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Hi Folks,

Appreciate there may be several other threads on this but to save me trawling through those I was looking for a few recommendations (appreciate it’s a long list so whatever you have time for)

Interior - What product/s would you recommend to clean the:

- Leather interior areas of the car (seats, dash, doors etc)
- Clean the glass surfaces (windows, touchscreen panel, touchscreen centre console?
- Nice air freshener?

Exterior - What product/s would you recommend to clean the:

- Alloy wheels
- Tyres
- Paintwork - snow foam? wash? Anything else? (I tend to snow foam then do two bucket technique)
- What about after cleaning the paint - any polishes, wax?

Materials:

1) Any hose recommendations
2) Any pressure washer recommendations
3) Snow Foam Lance recommendations

Thanks
SD

andreas

Post by andreas »

Leather - avoid using stuff if it really doesn't need it. I use Dr Leather Wipes sometimes. I also soft-brush the seat surfaces with sudsy water sometimes. My Pebble interior is 4 years old and still looks very good.

Glass - Gtechniq G6 Perfect Glass - excellent stuff, I use it in the home too.

Alloys - Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel Cleaner.

Paintwork - if you already snowfoam and then use 2-bucket wash, all I'd suggest is that you rinse the car with resin-filtered water, then you can just let it dry without touching the paintwork any more. I use a Race Glaze filter.

Polish/wax - I'm a firm believer in not touching the paint any more than necessary, so I try not to polish or wax. Having said that, I did polish my hood recently, to remove some hard water marks from before I got the resin filter. An alternative, needing minimal touching of the paint, is Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer, which gives a good finish with great water beading.

Materials - I just use an ordinary garden hose. I don't use snowfoam.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Macananon

Post by Macananon »

Just take it to the local car handwash.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Macananon wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:02 pm Just take it to the local car handwash.
I only ever took my F-Pace to the hand carwash with very poor results. Same buckets of soapy shitty water being used for car after car, huge swirls from sponges that have been used all day, rushed because they are busy so inconsistent and then shammy dried, again using the same cloths car after car. I don’t think you could design a better system to put thousands of micro scratches into your paintwork!
I will get the Macan coated and then clean myself with minimal contact with the paint.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pmg

Post by pmg »

Macananon wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:02 pm Just take it to the local car handwash.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

andreas wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:00 pm Leather - avoid using stuff if it really doesn't need it. I use Dr Leather Wipes sometimes. I also soft-brush the seat surfaces with sudsy water sometimes. My Pebble interior is 4 years old and still looks very good.

Glass - Gtechniq G6 Perfect Glass - excellent stuff, I use it in the home too.

Alloys - Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel Cleaner.

Paintwork - if you already snowfoam and then use 2-bucket wash, all I'd suggest is that you rinse the car with resin-filtered water, then you can just let it dry without touching the paintwork any more. I use a Race Glaze filter.

Polish/wax - I'm a firm believer in not touching the paint any more than necessary, so I try not to polish or wax. Having said that, I did polish my hood recently, to remove some hard water marks from before I got the resin filter. An alternative, needing minimal touching of the paint, is Sonax Xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer, which gives a good finish with great water beading.

Materials - I just use an ordinary garden hose. I don't use snowfoam.
Thanks! That’s great
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

You’ll get a few bites with that.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

For Leather - Gliptone, that way you won't need an air freshener!

Interior - Aerospace 303 Protectant

For glass - Autosmart 20/20 glass cleaner, brilliant stuff (and 2 microfibre clothes)

Alloy wheels - Bilt hamber snowfoam (auto foam) and EZ detailing brush

Tyres - Geon Tire

Paintwork - Bilt hamber snowfoam (auto foam) and then Bilt Hamber (auto wash) I don't use the 2 bucket method, if you've done a good job with the snow foam you shouldn't have to.

If you want to get the best results with a sealant then use a good panel cleanser fluid like Bilt hamber cleanser fluid then apply your sealant.
I've used Aerospace 303 graphene spray on my Macan and it's holding up very well. Before that I've used Blackfire gloss enhancing polish before and that gives stunning results aswell.

Hose - Just a good strong garden hose.

Pressure Washer - Nilfisk c130

I also have a Nilfisk Neptune Steam cleaner that I use cause hot water works better, but it's not always required.

Detailing/ cleaning your car is all personal choice. Some will will like the finish of certain products and some will say they're rubbish. Also down to how much you want to spend on each item.

OP, what do you currently use?
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Oh yeah, Raceglaze water filter as mentioned above as well, superb bit of kit. I've just replaced the resin in mine again.
Then after the water filter I use a Makita leaf blower to dry it (yeah, I'm one of those guys)

For any cloths/applicator pads/drying towels, I use The Rag Company.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Rarecolour wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:47 pm For Leather - Gliptone, that way you won't need an air freshener!

Interior - Aerospace 303 Protectant

For glass - Autosmart 20/20 glass cleaner, brilliant stuff (and 2 microfibre clothes)

Alloy wheels - Bilt hamber snowfoam (auto foam) and EZ detailing brush

Tyres - Geon Tire

Paintwork - Bilt hamber snowfoam (auto foam) and then Bilt Hamber (auto wash) I don't use the 2 bucket method, if you've done a good job with the snow foam you shouldn't have to.

If you want to get the best results with a sealant then use a good panel cleanser fluid like Bilt hamber cleanser fluid then apply your sealant.
I've used Aerospace 303 graphene spray on my Macan and it's holding up very well. Before that I've used Blackfire gloss enhancing polish before and that gives stunning results aswell.

Hose - Just a good strong garden hose.

Pressure Washer - Nilfisk c130

I also have a Nilfisk Neptune Steam cleaner that I use cause hot water works better, but it's not always required.

Detailing/ cleaning your car is all personal choice. Some will will like the finish of certain products and some will say they're rubbish. Also down to how much you want to spend on each item.

OP, what do you currently use?
Thanks - great information

At the moment I use G techniq products.

Interior - tri-clean and the multi purpose cleaner

Wheels - tyre dressing and iron/fallout remover

Exterior paint - snow foam then G-wash with 2 bucket technique. Once fully dry I use quick detailer to touch up areas for extra shine

Windows/glass - perfect glass product

All products above are G techniq.

Pressure washer - Karcher

Regular hose and water.

Fancied a change and thought auto glym might be a good range to try next, or auto finesse - any experience with those brands?

For the sealant - what’s the benefit of this? Does it add shine and protection? Would you apply the Parnell cleanser fluid after washing and drying the car?

Thanks