Dolomite GTS has arrived

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

ianst wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:51 pm
Winryn wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:33 pm I’m not sure there is an easy resolution. Side blades will come primed so they would need to be sprayed locally. Silver Is a very very difficult colour to match as it looks so different in different lights and angles so it will need to be blended. New paint along the side of a brand new vehicle would not be something I’d fancy seeing. I’d imagine more defects will be inflicted then what is currently there
What's the alternative? let them touch it up? unacceptable.
But if they had spotted it before delivery they would have just touched it up and no one would be the wiser. So accept their solution. They will no doubt have a clause in the contract to back them up.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6

sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Winryn wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:33 pm I’m not sure there is an easy resolution. Side blades will come primed so they would need to be sprayed locally. Silver Is a very very difficult colour to match as it looks so different in different lights and angles so it will need to be blended. New paint along the side of a brand new vehicle would not be something I’d fancy seeing. I’d imagine more defects will be inflicted then what is currently there
I do hope not!

I’d imagine they could figure it out surely or just install a brand new side blade. Whatever I’m left with needs to be a colour match or they will just have to do it again.

Either way they are going to sort it out in the body shop after my discussion with the general manager today.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:01 pm
ianst wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:51 pm
What's the alternative? let them touch it up? unacceptable.
But if they had spotted it before delivery they would have just touched it up and no one would be the wiser. So accept their solution. They will no doubt have a clause in the contract to back them up.
Tbh I think the solution to touch up is just one possible solution. And it’s the easiest one for them.

But personally whatever they do should be performed in the body shop so I get a perfect sideblade back without any imperfections.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

I’m not sure I understand why it would be difficult. It’s a brand new car in dolomite silver - surely they just apply dolomite silver and hey presto?
pmg

Post by pmg »

sd1985 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:10 pm
I’m not sure I understand why it would be difficult. It’s a brand new car in dolomite silver - surely they just apply dolomite silver and hey presto?
These days paint finishes are two coats including lacquer. hence the problem of getting an unnoticeable repair if the lacquer surface is broken

in three years with my dolomite silver s the vehicle has picked up two stone chips. Using a Chipex kit with its blending fluids I have not near perfect, but not perfect, You do spot the repair if you actively look for it but not if you don't
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

pmg wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:19 pm
These days paint finishes are two coats including lacquer. hence the problem of getting an unnoticeable repair if the lacquer surface is broken

in three years with my dolomite silver s the vehicle has picked up two stone chips. Using a Chipex kit with its blending fluids I have not near perfect, but not perfect, You do spot the repair if you actively look for it but not if you don't
Thanks
Hoping then they just stick a new side blade on - sounds like its the sure fire way of colour matching
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

I'd stay and watch them do the job. They might call in Kristen from the Repair Shop to touch it up :D
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

pmg wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:19 pm

That’s good to know Chipex works well… I’ve just received a chip on the bonnet, so will give this a go, thanks.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Nig0151

Post by Nig0151 »

sd1985 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:51 pm Thanks all

One minor thing that did bug me at the time was a very very small (like 2mm) paint chip I found on the sideblade

Not sure how it would have left the factory with that or why it wasn’t spotted before I arrived for handover

I was waiting for a solution and to hear back from the OPC - they have offered to send someone to my house with a touch up stick in dolomite. But was thinking it would at least require a body shop visit to properly fix it so im not left with a dip in the paint or anything like that.

What do you guys think about that? What do you think is reasonable….

expecting this to be competently resolved by Porsche given what I’ve spent, but with a targa 4s on order I’d expect no slips up or half arsed solution..
Common guys to "whom much is given much is expected". Lets face it, this is a premium car at a premium price not some mass produced budget run around cobbled together with low profit margins. If manufactures are prepared to charge premium prices for a product they must deliver such, its quite simple. Ultimately its down to the purchaser what solution he is happy with. I picked up a new small car for my daughter a few months ago with an interior trim scratch which the dealer could not fix at handover. After consideration of the discount I had received, the cosmetic nature and the hassle of booking it in etc I decided to over look it. I just didn't fill in the new car survey which the dealers appreciate!
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Personally I don't think it should matter what manufacturer it is, I don't think I've ever seen a build option "poor paintwork". Every vehicle should be delivered in perfect condition!
Sad thing is, it's gone through 2 inspections and not been rectified.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)