Dolomite GTS has arrived

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

F1 Nut wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:53 am
pmg wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:19 pm
sd1985 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:10 pm

I’m not sure I understand why it would be difficult. It’s a brand new car in dolomite silver - surely they just apply dolomite silver and hey presto?
These days paint finishes are two coats including lacquer. hence the problem of getting an unnoticeable repair if the lacquer surface is broken

in three years with my dolomite silver s the vehicle has picked up two stone chips. Using a Chipex kit with its blending fluids I have not near perfect, but not perfect, You do spot the repair if you actively look for it but not if you don't
That’s good to know Chipex works well… I’ve just received a chip on the bonnet, so will give this a go, thanks.
Looks like I'll be asking Santa for Chip for Christmas!

Deleted User 4325

Chipex even!!!
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:20 pm The car should be perfect on collection. Don't accept anything less.
Very difficult to do that, as some things do not materialize until you drive the car.
My online services still do not work, has to go back to the dealer this week, and the MFD (Multi-Function Display) is still laggy.

The paintwork will often only show defects under intense lighting, which is what the detailers use to rectify them.
My detailer said that Porsche paintwork is generally quite good.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

ow88no1infoo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:46 pm w88 Chào mọi người ! Nếu bạn có coppy hay chỉnh sữa bài viết của mình thì xin để lại nguồn tác giả nhé, thanks
Yep. Precisely!! 🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

So I’ve got to a good outcome with this.

The OPC will take the car and resolve this issue fully whilst I get a courtesy car

Now 1 week into ownership and here are some more thoughts for the GTS:

- The sports exhaust is my favourite feature :D the gurgle it gives when you accelerate is satisfying. With it off in normal mode it’s a little underwhelming and quiet.
- The extended leather interior is a major plus point, defo feels much more luxurious than the leatherette fake stuff on the dash and doors (which I had before)
- 18 ways seats are great, especially the squab extenders
- Externally I’ve had so many positive comments on the silver and black wheels combo - everyone agrees it looks great.
- my neighbour drove it (car man and owns a macan), was surprised at how different it feels from the Gen 2 turbo - he felt this was the best one yet
- The heated GT wheel feels smaller and more sporty
- The range between normal mode, sports mode and sports plus is outstanding. Going from normal to sport is immediately felt with firmer handling and a louder gurgle, then sport to sport plus it raises the bar again - even firmer and even louder with more revs. Can’t think of any other SUV in this price point that manages that - that’s includes the BMW and Mercedes competitors.

Things I wish hand not ordered:

- self steering park assist - it’s gimmicky

Things I wish I had ordered:

- speed limit display thing is actually useful now that I don’t have i one

Otherwise I’m a very happy bunny and feel the GTS was defo the right choice for me personally
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Speed limit thingy can be retro fitted.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Deleted User 4325

sd1985 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:27 pm So I’ve got to a good outcome with this.

The OPC will take the car and resolve this issue fully whilst I get a courtesy car

Now 1 week into ownership and here are some more thoughts for the GTS:

- The sports exhaust is my favourite feature :D the gurgle it gives when you accelerate is satisfying. With it off in normal mode it’s a little underwhelming and quiet.
- The extended leather interior is a major plus point, defo feels much more luxurious than the leatherette fake stuff on the dash and doors (which I had before)
- 18 ways seats are great, especially the squab extenders
- Externally I’ve had so many positive comments on the silver and black wheels combo - everyone agrees it looks great.
- my neighbour drove it (car man and owns a macan), was surprised at how different it feels from the Gen 2 turbo - he felt this was the best one yet
- The heated GT wheel feels smaller and more sporty
- The range between normal mode, sports mode and sports plus is outstanding. Going from normal to sport is immediately felt with firmer handling and a louder gurgle, then sport to sport plus it raises the bar again - even firmer and even louder with more revs. Can’t think of any other SUV in this price point that manages that - that’s includes the BMW and Mercedes competitors.

Things I wish hand not ordered:

- self steering park assist - it’s gimmicky

Things I wish I had ordered:

- speed limit display thing is actually useful now that I don’t have i one

Otherwise I’m a very happy bunny and feel the GTS was defo the right choice for me personally
Thank you for your posting. Made my day!!!!
I can't wait!!!!!

:-)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Missed this

Car looks great

Glad they are sorting side blade , and not by touch up pen, they never work!!

Enjoy
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Had the car for a couple of months now, and thought i'd let you guys know how its going!

As per my earlier comments these were my first impressions:

- absolutely love the exterior, looked amazing. Plenty other macans at the centre but mines looked the best lol (not bias at all). Dolomite colour works so well with the black accents of the GTS, and the RS wheels for me look the best out of them all.
- That front grill - It’s grown on me and in person thought it looked awesome. I prefer it over the bordered plastic look on the base and S - but just personal preference
- Interior - anyone trying to decide whether to get the extended leather interior or not - I think it’s a worthwhile investment. It looks more premium and adds to the feel of the car (over the leatherette)
- The GT heated wheel felt superb, centre console was nice (didn’t bother me as much as I thought it would)
- Sports exhaust is prob my favourite feature - car sounded superb with it off, when on it sounded even better.
- I was driving safe as it’s new, so was gentle on the pedal. But I did put it into sport mode a couple of times and it flew! Seriously fast car.

how about 2 months on?

- Still loving the exterior look, have had so many people comment on how amazing the car looks with dolomite and black. The front grill and back bumper have also really really grown on me, i think it looks amazing - which really just goes to show how things can grow on you.
- I would 100% make sure you get extended leather interior. I had a loaner cayenne with the leatherette (fake leather) and it felt like such an immediate and visible downgrade. Even the wife commented, and she generally doesn't pay attention to anything car related. I also realised how much i missed my car once i went into the cayenne e-hybrid coupe (what a muted and disappointing car)
- The sports exhaust is also an absolute must for me personally - especially if you are like me, and believe a good exhaust note adds to your driving experience. With sports exhaust off the car just sounds really really muted. Sports mode and sports plus sounds really good, not too loud but audible enough to enhance the driving experience
- i've done 1k miles now and havent really pushed the car that much, so will enjoy that as soon as i hit 2k miles

which options should i have got or not got?

- self parking is a gimmick, should have removed that
- i should have added the speed limit indicator, its helpful - had it on the old car and miss it
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Any issues with the car in that 2 months?
Macan S MY 2023