Dolomite GTS has arrived

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

PorscheMack wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:44 pm
Jon A wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:29 pm still stuck on colour too. Went to OPC today as they have a new Crayon in but just looked dirty flat light grey! (probably not clean but hey ho)

Gentian just looked dark blue (cloudy skyes). I saw Dolomite in the Macan for first time and had completely dismissed this up to now as another "fade into the background" car but... It looked absolutely stunning!!!!!
Am surprised but pleasantly so, and this is now my new top of the list colour.
Re night blue, I agree it has a certain charm and will never be offensive.
This is what happens when you have to wait ages for a car, mood and preferences play tricks on you. Having said that, should I go for Silver I will probably match with painted blades and avoid roof rails as otherwise there will be too many Black accents for my taste..
Agreed, i dont like roof rails anyway and i think the sideblades are a complete joke - not that they exist, just the materials they are made from, i cant get past that you are left with a thick slab of cheap plastic down the centre of the car! (Citroen springs to mind, but may not be a popular view on here)
I will get them painted and take comfort that they are in relief so will at least look like they might have been designed to enhance the look :lol:
A splash of black door handles and Bob's your uncle...
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Jon A wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:07 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:44 pm
Jon A wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:29 pm still stuck on colour too. Went to OPC today as they have a new Crayon in but just looked dirty flat light grey! (probably not clean but hey ho)

Gentian just looked dark blue (cloudy skyes). I saw Dolomite in the Macan for first time and had completely dismissed this up to now as another "fade into the background" car but... It looked absolutely stunning!!!!!
Am surprised but pleasantly so, and this is now my new top of the list colour.
Re night blue, I agree it has a certain charm and will never be offensive.
This is what happens when you have to wait ages for a car, mood and preferences play tricks on you. Having said that, should I go for Silver I will probably match with painted blades and avoid roof rails as otherwise there will be too many Black accents for my taste..
Agreed, i dont like roof rails anyway and i think the sideblades are a complete joke - not that they exist, just the materials they are made from, i cant get past that you are left with a thick slab of cheap plastic down the centre of the car! (Citroen springs to mind, but may not be a popular view on here)
I will get them painted and take comfort that they are in relief so will at least look like they might have been designed to enhance the look :lol:
A splash of black door handles and Bob's your uncle...
Actually there's the option to have the lower section of the door mirrors in Gloss Black which would look good with Silver. And it's Free!! 😉
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

MH82 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:11 pm Ok, so I think I’m disappointed with Gentian. Looks really flat in the flesh in anything other than bright light (when it then sparkles).
Looks lovely to me which is just as well.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

MH82 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:11 pm Ok, so I think I’m disappointed with Gentian. Looks really flat in the flesh in anything other than bright light (when it then sparkles).
Yep, Exactly my feelings towards Gentian. Looks great in really bright light…. In the UK however it just looks dull.
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:58 am ^^^ Tewkesbury?
Yes it was
hood69

Post by hood69 »

I have to say I think the Gentian looks great in the pic but can be dull as can the Carmine too.
Colour options are pretty poor on the whole.
MH82

Post by MH82 »

If they did GT silver as a standard option I’d go for that no hesitation and stick with black wheels, but I think I’m now going to plonk for night blue…..
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

Absolutely stunning. Exterior wise you’ve matched my spec 100%. Side blades, mirrors, roof bars, wheels, pan roof. Awesome to be able to look at my spec in a proper photo 😎

Welcome to keep posting more pics of course 😂
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Thanks all

One minor thing that did bug me at the time was a very very small (like 2mm) paint chip I found on the sideblade

Not sure how it would have left the factory with that or why it wasn’t spotted before I arrived for handover

I was waiting for a solution and to hear back from the OPC - they have offered to send someone to my house with a touch up stick in dolomite. But was thinking it would at least require a body shop visit to properly fix it so im not left with a dip in the paint or anything like that.

What do you guys think about that? What do you think is reasonable….

expecting this to be competently resolved by Porsche given what I’ve spent, but with a targa 4s on order I’d expect no slips up or half arsed solution..
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

sd1985 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:51 pm Thanks all

One minor thing that did bug me at the time was a very very small (like 2mm) paint chip I found on the sideblade

Not sure how it would have left the factory with that or why it wasn’t spotted before I arrived for handover

I was waiting for a solution and to hear back from the OPC - they have offered to send someone to my house with a touch up stick in dolomite. But was thinking it would at least require a body shop visit to properly fix it so im not left with a dip in the paint or anything like that.

What do you guys think about that? What do you think is reasonable….

expecting this to be competently resolved by Porsche given what I’ve spent, but with a targa 4s on order I’d expect no slips up or half arsed solution..
Lovely car in a great colour. Touch up sticks are designed to hide or disguise a chip not fix it. For that it will need to be rubbed back and repainted as a complete segment. Not actually over costly probably about £150 at a body shop and much less at cost for Porsche. IMO it should be perfect and I am surprised at the OPC’s solution to be honest.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0