Omni

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:39 am Amazing how 1 person has caused such a stir on a forum, his last thread that was deleted has caused most of this animosity imo, and it was a huge over reaction!!
Omni liked to voice his opinion from what I saw and most didn't mind it, seems when others do it it gets picked up on now and some posters throw their toys out the pram. Why can't folk just ignore posts if they don't like them, instead of saying they aren't going to return to the forum if it carries on? (not really anything negative in this thread either)
I have no idea how some on here cope out in the real world, must be very depressing for them being so sensitive. Not everyone is going to get on, that's life.
Now, wonder if Omni has got his Bluetooth switchable exhaust fitted to his Macan yet?

Why are folk deleting their accounts, doesn't make sense?
It's not very often that I agree with you but on this occasion I do.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:36 pm In most forums there is a clique of long standing members who get to know each other and develop a close understanding of what they consider Banter. Newbies find it hard to understand that pedantry is their forte. So when they join in, unless they have read the last two or three years postings they stand no chance of avoiding the flak that will come their way. I only joined in September but all the characters in this soap opera have come to the fore. Omni and Mistercesc have left and others will do so because what they hoped would be a source of information about Porsche is really just a talking shop for those who have nothing better to do. 80% of the answers are own opinions and guesses and just 20% is fact. Perhaps other Macan forums are the answer. I doubt it.
That's a fairly accurate view of forum behaviour in general. However, when I joined this forum over six years ago I didn't find the cliques anything like as strong as on another manufacturer's forum. By and large, the banter is fairly good natured.

As to the 80/20 rule. If you ask someone their opinion on a colour or option choice then an opinion is what you'll get. A lot of people these days tend to go online for a solution to a problem and RTFM is a dying art. People generally respond to questions in good faith but, just like the questioner, they are unlikely to go and check on their own car or RTFM so the answers are sometimes wrong.

Not long after I joined, one user said "some people post because they have something to say and others post because they have to say something". Just like Hovis that's as good today as it's always been. :D :D
Peter

homerdog

Post by homerdog »

As a newbie on this forum (even though I've owned a Macan for quite a while), I did find some of the posts by Omni very, shall we say, polarising, along with some of the replies. It doesn't encourage me to join in, which is unfortunate, because a lot of the threads get completely derailed.

I've been on forums that are more respectful of other people's opinions, but if you don't like it you don't have to throw your toys out of the pram, that is very childish behaviour. Just ignore it and move on - and at least it's not Pistonheads, where nearly every topic is a chest beating, testosterone fuelled, mud-slinging contest.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Not been here long.

Don't own and have never owned any Porsche but fingers crossed I will by March. It has been a dream since a child when I had that poster most of us probably had. Ok it was a 911! But that was why I came here.

That doesn't make mine or any other 'wannabies' presence here any less valuable than anyone else's.

So, being a GTS fanboy (an Omnism), I pretty much disagreed with most of Omnis posts, and yes there were a lot and some really rambling. But he was keen and quite funny. Maybe that wasn't his intention but he was and in a good natured way.

But I really don't like to see anyone being bullied for anything let alone just being a bit annoying and that happened to the guy and was unnecessary.

I'm going to STFU now.

Please just play nicely.

Xxx
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:04 pm
But I really don't like to see anyone being bullied for anything let alone just being a bit annoying and that happened to the guy and was unnecessary.

I'm going to STFU now.

Please just play nicely.

Xxx
If you've managed 500 posts in just under eight months you must have had something to say. Don't STFU but carry on posting.

You'll certainly find it difficult staying quiet when your car arrives. :D :D
Peter

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

My point exactly!!!

501 now!!!

;-)
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Got to be honest, I just ignored his posts that I didn't agree with :lol: He had strong views on certain models/specs but I didn't see that much else inflammatory from him?
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

On-Track wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:15 am
Rarecolour wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:39 am Amazing how 1 person has caused such a stir on a forum, his last thread that was deleted has caused most of this animosity imo, and it was a huge over reaction!!
Omni liked to voice his opinion from what I saw and most didn't mind it, seems when others do it it gets picked up on now and some posters throw their toys out the pram. Why can't folk just ignore posts if they don't like them, instead of saying they aren't going to return to the forum if it carries on? (not really anything negative in this thread either)
I have no idea how some on here cope out in the real world, must be very depressing for them being so sensitive. Not everyone is going to get on, that's life.
Now, wonder if Omni has got his Bluetooth switchable exhaust fitted to his Macan yet?

Ahhh, that bought a tear to my eye, or it could have been from walking into the doorway.
I will try harder to disappoint you from now on :)

I will take a screenshot of this though, just for proof later on 👍🏻
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Even these 7 pages are giving him the attention he craved !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:06 pm
On-Track wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:15 am

Ahhh, that bought a tear to my eye, or it could have been from walking into the doorway.
I will try harder to disappoint you from now on :)

I will take a screenshot of this though, just for proof later on 👍🏻
More likely a crocodile tear :lol:

Try and avoid doorways in the future :D
Peter