Macan with 2 kids anybody?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Ran a Macan for 3 years with 3 kids, 13,11 and 9 at the time I got it. Obviously it’s one extra kid than the OP but it was too small as the main family car, the boot was always stuffed full, leg room limited and they didn’t like going in it.
Just took delivery of a Cayenne and now the kids feel like it’s sitting in first class, the leg room and width is enough for adults let alone kids and it has loads of boot space.
If you’re using car seats and pushchairs it is going to be cramped as a main car in my opinion. And if you ever want an extra passenger in the back it isn’t going to be fun for them. However, the Cayenne is a much bigger car, the width in particular takes some getting used to. But I absolutely love it.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )

davlewis

Post by davlewis »

I have a 5 and a 9 year old, as I don’t have the Macan yet I can’t really comment, however they both fit in the back of my Wife’s mini with me driving (6ft) so they will be fine in the Macan, though I did have a few wobbles as the Macan in the rear is quite a bit smaller the my X3. But thought sod it I want a Porsche :D

On the other side I rarely keep a car for more than 18 months so if it doesn’t work I would probably either look at a Cayenne / Macan EV (maybe bigger inside) or back to an X3 but an X3M this time!
- Macan Volcano Grey / Bordeaux Red Interior
- First time Porsche Owner
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Brilliant car but with small kids, especially infants, not really practical. Lots of better choices and you don’t have to stump up Cayenne money to solve it.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
azmj

Post by azmj »

I must say I was afraid of posting but some really helpful replies - thank you very much for all of the insights.
We just have a 6 and 2 year old so the legroom really isn't an issue as it would be with older children.

I have a deposit on a Defender 110 as a backup, but I know that the drive/residuals/quality of the Macan will be unrivalled!

Heart says Porsche (who's wouldn't?) but just don't want to be kicking myself if it turns out to be too small.
Dare I ask of non Cayenne alternatives which will tick those 3 boxes?
2022 Macan GTS Copper Ruby
2022 Cayman GT4 PDK GT Silver
2022 VW ID3 Family Pro Performance Moonstone
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

azmj wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:41 pm I must say I was afraid of posting but some really helpful replies - thank you very much for all of the insights.
We just have a 6 and 2 year old so the legroom really isn't an issue as it would be with older children.

I have a deposit on a Defender 110 as a backup, but I know that the drive/residuals/quality of the Macan will be unrivalled!

Heart says Porsche (who's wouldn't?) but just don't want to be kicking myself if it turns out to be too small.
Dare I ask of non Cayenne alternatives which will tick those 3 boxes?
As I alluded to in my previous post, I would say a BMW X3 M40i would tick most of your box’s (maybe not so much residual (mines only lost 1k but that’s due to this silly market at the moment)

But for space it’s huge with a huge boot, performance is great with 355hp+ 0-62 in around 4.8 they also now have the m-diff. also it can be nice and comfortable as-well if you add the adaptive dampeners.

Just a thought!
- Macan Volcano Grey / Bordeaux Red Interior
- First time Porsche Owner
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

An alternative to a Cayenne would be an Audi Q7, which would certainly give you the space you need.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
samandrew

Post by samandrew »

Sold our Cayman for a Fiesta when the first one came along, now swapping the Fiesta for a Macan as our 2nd is on the way. How big is your pram?! We get a large parm, a carry on case and some soft bags in the back of our Fiesta and that has less than 300L of space; with the load cover removed the Macan boot must be twice the size. I say get a smaller pram!

We've specced roof rails in the case we do need to add a roof box for holidays while we need to take a travel cot as well.
Previous Porsches - 944, 928, 986, 981
Macan S on order
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Can't you just leave them with their Grandparents!!!

:roll:
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Too small for 2 kids? A Macan? What is this world coming to! When they were all under the age of three, we used to lug our 3 kids around in the back of a Rover 200. Car seats, double buggy, changing bag & nappies, cuddly toys, etc, etc. And when that went we replaced it with a Rover Metro GTi.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Old Chimer wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:16 am Too small for 2 kids? A Macan? What is this world coming to! When they were all under the age of three, we used to lug our 3 kids around in the back of a Rover 200. Car seats, double buggy, travel cot, changing bag & nappies, cuddly toys, etc, etc. And when that went we replaced it with a Rover Metro GTi.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.