Macan with 2 kids anybody?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
azmj

Post by azmj »

Afternoon,
We ordered our Macan GTS following a test drive in August, I was able to get the child seats in no problem and the pram fit in the boot fine but with little room for anything else if I am honest.
My wife and I keep contemplating whether the Macan will be too small? we currently have a Touareg.
The rear space for both of them was fine, they are both in front facing seats ( I have a 6 year old and a 18 month old) so I don't think legroom would be an issue for anyone.
Those with kids of a similar age or older age do you ever feel it is too small when it comes to the luggage space in particular? Anybody else that has made a transition from a Touareg size car to a Macan with a family?
Cheers.
2022 Macan GTS Copper Ruby
2022 Cayman GT4 PDK GT Silver
2022 VW ID3 Family Pro Performance Moonstone

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I think the Touareg is basically similar underneath (platform etc) to the Cayenne, in the same way the Macan was based on the Q5 platform. So you are essentially downsizing from a Cayenne-sized car to its little brother. Others on here have gone from Macan to Cayenne with a growing family. I would at least check out a Cayenne... :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Roof box??
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

When our Grandkids were still in their car seats we did have them in our SD and with everything we needed the boot was full.

Even now going on holiday to Scotland with just the two of us and our dog, the boot plus half the rear seat was full.

So yes with two kids it will be cramped and if you are going to the airport to fly away on holiday then you will probably not have enough space to take all the luggage you want to take.

So include roof bars, and a large roof box at minimum on a Macan or look at a Cayenne but even then you may need a roof box.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Has anybody had a dog (Labrador size) in the back of the Macan. I took the parcel shelf out of the F-Pace and the two dogs would happily sit in the boot looking over the rear seats - was hoping same for Macan??
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

No Thanks.

Just a Macan please......
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
The Cookie

Post by The Cookie »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:47 pm When our Grandkids were still in their car seats we did have them in our SD and with everything we needed the boot was full.

Even now going on holiday to Scotland with just the two of us and our dog, the boot plus half the rear seat was full.

So yes with two kids it will be cramped and if you are going to the airport to fly away on holiday then you will probably not have enough space to take all the luggage you want to take.

So include roof bars, and a large roof box at minimum on a Macan or look at a Cayenne but even then you may need a roof box.
Or if you can afford a Porsche just get a taxi to the airport avoids parking costs !!!!! And I wouldn't drive a muddy dog in a Porsche 😝
drgav2005

Post by drgav2005 »

Jon A wrote: ↑Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:51 pm Has anybody had a dog (Labrador size) in the back of the Macan. I took the parcel shelf out of the F-Pace and the two dogs would happily sit in the boot looking over the rear seats - was hoping same for Macan??
Not quite Labrador sized but my 3 cocker spaniels easily fit in the boot with the parcel shelf removed. Just watch out for the high sided boot protector, it’s made of fairly slippy plastic so the dogs will move about a bit under cornering πŸ˜‚
drgav2005

Post by drgav2005 »

bennachie wrote: ↑Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:29 pm No Thanks.

Just a Macan please......
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

The Cookie wrote: ↑Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:52 pm
Col Lamb wrote: ↑Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:47 pm When our Grandkids were still in their car seats we did have them in our SD and with everything we needed the boot was full.

Or if you can afford a Porsche just get a taxi to the airport avoids parking costs !!!!! And I wouldn't drive a muddy dog in a Porsche 😝
I know what you mean and if I had a Β£100k Taycan I probably wouldn’t put the dogs in but the Macan is an SUV after all and cheaper than a Velar or RRover Sport, both of which would definitely get the dogs! πŸ˜‚
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0