Porsche connect issues

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I had the same issue with my gen2 for most of the life of the car (since 2016).
The tracker hardware has been reset/replaced 2 or 3 times at the dealer and it doesn't last long.
I suspect it dies after a few weeks of being out of signal coverage (eg in the basement garage a lot) then never recovers.
I cancelled the service months ago as it's useless given the above. It _still_ can't be contacted by Vodafone to complete the service removal, so I can't even delete my account.
Slightly annoying as I sold the car today. Maybe the next owner will get it fixed/reset!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

goron59 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:14 pm I had the same issue with my gen2 for most of the life of the car (since 2016).
The tracker hardware has been reset/replaced 2 or 3 times at the dealer and it doesn't last long.
I suspect it dies after a few weeks of being out of signal coverage (eg in the basement garage a lot) then never recovers.
I cancelled the service months ago as it's useless given the above. It _still_ can't be contacted by Vodafone to complete the service removal, so I can't even delete my account.
Slightly annoying as I sold the car today. Maybe the next owner will get it fixed/reset!
Blimey, nice to see you posting again Goron, but sad you’ve sold your well spec’d Turbo. What is, or will be, replacing it?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Hargrp

Post by Hargrp »

What is the issue?

During these analyses, we have discovered that it is possible that sporadically the connection between the Car Connect control module and the mobile telecommunications network can be lost. This is due to a software problem with the control module. In order to resolve this, Vodafone Automotive are able to remotely provide an over-the-air software update to your vehicle in order to rectify the problem that causes this loss of connectivity. The over-the-air update will not change the existing vehicle remote or tracking functionality. Please note that your Porsche Connect Navigation & Infotainment services are unaffected by this issue.

Let’s hope this works.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:29 pm
goron59 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:14 pm I had the same issue with my gen2 for most of the life of the car (since 2016).
Blimey, nice to see you posting again Goron, but sad you’ve sold your well spec’d Turbo. What is, or will be, replacing it?
Hi Nick, good to see some familiar names here!

I'm actually turning to the Dark Side a bit and taking on a Tesla 3LR :o
Very little travel in the last couple of years due to the Apocalypse, and the Macan just wasn't being used for what it was intended, so reduced needs and newly available (to me) tax breaks through work on leasing, means M3LR is quite attractive.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

goron59 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:16 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:29 pm
Hi Nick, good to see some familiar names here!

I'm actually turning to the Dark Side a bit and taking on a Tesla 3LR :o
Very little travel in the last couple of years due to the Apocalypse, and the Macan just wasn't being used for what it was intended, so reduced needs and newly available (to me) tax breaks through work on leasing, means M3LR is quite attractive.
Still a few old timers around, even some no longer Macan owners but perhaps with a 911 for sports car fun, including me. I have a LR Defender 90 V8 on order but no clue as to when I might get it.

Understand the Tesla attraction, especially with tax breaks. I’m sure you know Peteski is a fan. It would be good to hear your views on the 3LR as no doubt others here will be going a similar route.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome back Goron.

I for one would be interested to hear of your take on the Tesla and if you have any charging issues.

I assume from your comments you are still in London and with parking in the basement so was wondering if you have charging functions there?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

I have had the Vodafone email today, asking me to authorise an ota update. Fingers crossed it resolves the issue.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

Me too, fingers crossed.
GTB

Post by GTB »

Lets all hope Vodafone dont have the "Wires Crossed"!!!!!

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

My GEN3 GTS has been back to the dealer twice now, it's currently still there.

Today I was told that the online services are working, but I must have used up the data allocation for the month. I was told you get 0.5GB per month.
This is the first time I have ever heard this.

It was then suggested that I obtain my own SIM card, put this into the car and have a separate data plan.
I then informed them that there is no SIM card slot.

A technician then notifies me that there should be a SIM card slot in between where the USB-C slots are but because of the Semi-Conductor issue, the section containing these was removed and replaced with that from the Cayenne.
Apparently, when the semiconductor issue is resolved, Porsche will recall affected vehicles and replace that section with what should have been there to begin with.

The latter I can understand, but the suggestion that I have used my monthly data allocation?? It doesn't seem right.
Besides that, I've only had use of the vehicle for a short amount of time, and I certainly haven't been sitting in it downloading news and weather!

BTW - I also received the email from Vodafone about a software update.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver