Not the best OPC experience

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

Apologies in advance for venting.

Back in July, launch day 20th, I had already booked weeks in advance, a time slot at the OPC to discuss and spec out my build of a Gen 3 Macan S.

Unfortunately on that day, the SE needed to self isolate. But speaking to the sales manager at the time on the phone, he was happy to take the order and relay the information to the SE.

The spec was locked down from our side pretty quickly as we knew what we wanted prior but one thing we wanted was that the order was for my wife so I wanted them to change the invoice, registration etc over to my wife’s name not mine. Which they say they are fine to do.

I had been given a date of Sept/Oct by the sales manager at the time but a few weeks later, the SE says this has slipped to the beginning of December. Which we understood and just had to accept due to chip shortage etc.

Was later told it had been brought forward to the 24th Nov and a couple of days of this date was told it has been built and at the docks waiting to be shipped.

Two week later to now, the SE says he has been tracking the wrong car under my name, which is in dolomite… which we had never speccd in our build and that our car (in Night Blue) under my wife’s name is now expected to be built 3 weeks from now.

The issue could have better taken care of as when I asked for preliminary finance figures after my spec was sent through, they at that time produced finance figure that were completely wrong then of a different spec.

Overall, really disappointed with the whole order and the miscommunication from the OPC. Being my first Porsche, this experience along with the mix up at PEC too has left me with a sour taste.

I hope you guys have a better experience than I did and get the spec you had ordered.
Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Ordered July 21, Collected February 22

JanW

Post by JanW »

Sorry to hear that Ken. I ordered in May and was told November delivery, then December, hopefully by Christmas. No updates from them, I only found anything out by chasing. Just got an email saying it will now be mid January because the car is here but has no Bose installed so it is on a stop sale until they get the parts in January…! Very frustrating.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Which dealers are these?
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

I’ll wait until I finally get hold of my ordered car first
Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

JanW wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:20 pm Sorry to hear that Ken. I ordered in May and was told November delivery, then December, hopefully by Christmas. No updates from them, I only found anything out by chasing. Just got an email saying it will now be mid January because the car is here but has no Bose installed so it is on a stop sale until they get the parts in January…! Very frustrating.
My S has been with the OPC for 5 weeks already and i know suspect they do not want to come clean and admit it will be January for me as well.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Jonnyw wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:40 pm
JanW wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:20 pm Sorry to hear that Ken. I ordered in May and was told November delivery, then December, hopefully by Christmas. No updates from them, I only found anything out by chasing. Just got an email saying it will now be mid January because the car is here but has no Bose installed so it is on a stop sale until they get the parts in January…! Very frustrating.
My S has been with the OPC for 5 weeks already and i know suspect they do not want to come clean and admit it will be January for me as well.
I would visit the OPC unannounced to have a look at it, it maybe that it arrived with bodywork damaged.

There is no way any OPC would want to keep a new car in storage as they would have already been invoiced for it by Porsche in Germany.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

This tale sounds more dysfunctional than my purchase experience from Sheffield, not surprising though. In 2019 it was WLTP testing, not a chip shortage, causing issues beyond the OPC's control but they added several wrinkles of their own. The service department seem to have fallen into the same modus operandi now!
Interestingly, having been in there today, the showroom has not Gen 3 Macan to be seen and, as far as I saw only used cars on display and the workshop appeared totally devoid of life, that said it was about 12:00 so maybe lunch had been declared.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
JanW

Post by JanW »

I could turn up there but not sure if the car is there or still at Reading. They said there were 37 other Porsches in the same situation…
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

I am sorry some of you are experiencing issues too.

It’s all very frustrating for us all.

Just wished communication was better and honest up front.

Not quite what I was expecting for our first Porsche purchase.

Ken C

Post by Ken C »

I think the fact that the car build under my name having no resemblance to my spec at all and when I asked to change the car registration to my wife’s name they created a completely new order from scratch and moved me to the back of the queue again.

But all along the SE had been tracking the build under my name which had none of the items I ordered.

Maybe I am being cynical but my Night Blue S spec (£4K of options) is rather basic for their sales and incorrectly assigned Dolomite S spec had over £10.5k of options.

The only positive I can see from this is that the car will now be registered in 2022…plus there will a Highly spec’d Dolomite Macan S if anyone out there is interested if they want to jump the queue waiting when it arrives.