Not the best OPC experience

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nig0151

Post by Nig0151 »

Ken C wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:00 pm I am sorry some of you are experiencing issues too.

It’s all very frustrating for us all.

Just wished communication was better and honest up front.

Not quite what I was expecting for our first Porsche purchase.
Copy here, Macan S stranded at OPC a frustrating experience no communication. Lets see how we come out of this, its either a package to ease the below par experience or a tirade of excuses and platitudes (one newbie phrase "it is what it is" comes to mind). Reputations are built on these sort of issues but in the current climate I have a sneaky suspicion what the outcome will be. As a first time customer I will be delighted to be proved wrong.

mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Ken C wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:13 pm Apologies in advance for venting.

Back in July, launch day 20th, I had already booked weeks in advance, a time slot at the OPC to discuss and spec out my build of a Gen 3 Macan S.

Unfortunately on that day, the SE needed to self isolate. But speaking to the sales manager at the time on the phone, he was happy to take the order and relay the information to the SE.

The spec was locked down from our side pretty quickly as we knew what we wanted prior but one thing we wanted was that the order was for my wife so I wanted them to change the invoice, registration etc over to my wife’s name not mine. Which they say they are fine to do.

I had been given a date of Sept/Oct by the sales manager at the time but a few weeks later, the SE says this has slipped to the beginning of December. Which we understood and just had to accept due to chip shortage etc.

Was later told it had been brought forward to the 24th Nov and a couple of days of this date was told it has been built and at the docks waiting to be shipped.

Two week later to now, the SE says he has been tracking the wrong car under my name, which is in dolomite… which we had never speccd in our build and that our car (in Night Blue) under my wife’s name is now expected to be built 3 weeks from now.

The issue could have better taken care of as when I asked for preliminary finance figures after my spec was sent through, they at that time produced finance figure that were completely wrong then of a different spec.

Overall, really disappointed with the whole order and the miscommunication from the OPC. Being my first Porsche, this experience along with the mix up at PEC too has left me with a sour taste.

I hope you guys have a better experience than I did and get the spec you had ordered.
When you do eventually take delivery you will subsequently receive a survey asking you to rate your dealer. The dealership will be judged by Porsche GB upon their average customer ratings which will affect things such as bonuses and allocations.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Hi Ken

Put in a call to their Sales Manager for an update. You're spending a lot of money and nothing ventured; nothing gained.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver