Bonnet alignment

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
macanese

Post by macanese »

Sad day yesterday as I sold back my 2 month old gen 3 base to my opc because of body panel fit issues and poor opc point of sale and after sales service. Basically Porsche AG supplied a sub standard car and the opc did not pick it up prior to sale (at pdi) and subsequently did not fix it quickly and efficiently with their approved bodyshop. Lessons learned from the painful and exhausting 2 month ownership process are:
- at handover do not pay the invoice balance until you have fully inspected the car. The big reveal employed stopped me from doing this and then makes it hard work to resolve the issue
- I did however find the issue at handover, after payment, with the salesman but he did not stop the handover and raise it with the workshop who had done the pdi
- I had to push to get the opc to accept the issue and to get rectification work attempted with repeated 60 mile return trips to the opc dealing with a number of different functions and personnel
- the initial rectification attempt was unsuccessful and again I had to escalate the issue with difficulty through the opc management hierachy to get to the point where the opc principle accepted responsibility, apologised and paid me my money back. A very painful and disappointing experience.
Note I also had an issue with the opc when they were unable to supply reasons for the delays at Emden in shipping which involved opc principle conversations. This lack of transparency seemed minor at the time but in hindsight foretold problems that followed.
As a result I will not be buying another porsche in the forseeable future which is a shame as the product is intrinsically very good let down by poor delivery communication, poor quality of supply, poor opc point of sale processes and ability to fix problems quickly and efficiently while minimising the inconvenience to its customers.
I do hope other forummers do not have the same experiences and from my experiences porsche customers need to work hard as they cannot assume they will get the service expected from a supposedly quality product, brand and dealer network.

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Very sorry to hear your news, macanese........certainly not the experience you would have expected from buying your Macan 🙁 What do you plan to replace it with?
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Have to admit, reading Macanese post has made me a little worried my alignment may not be ‘fixable’. I’m waiting on a slot from the OPC.

I’m really happy with the car other than the alignment which flares up to being noticeable when the engine is hot.

Oddly when I was arranging collection I was told they could not take payment on the day and had to be paid fully beforehand. I was hoping to hold back a few K as I wanted to check over the car before completing payment in full - not that I found the issue then but I did find the couple of minor scratches.

I’d be so disappointed if they can’t resolve satisfactorily and i had to give the car back. On the other hand I’m not happy with a substandard product.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

If my OPC demands full payment from me before inspection I will literally walk away from the whole deal. These cars shouldn’t be getting out of factory QA so I’m beginning to wonder if there is or was a period where they skipped it because of staffing issues?

@macanese. Do you have any photos of the issues with your car?
Macan S MY 2023
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Macanese, was there any difference in the rectification work done at all or was it the same as before?
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

That’s sad news and worrying for many of us waiting to collect. Who was the OPC? It would be helpful to know so that those of us with the same dealer can prepare
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

In my experience OPCs expect payment before collection day. I think this is largely to ensure things go smoothly on the day, and that the whole experience is not spoilt by any problems trying to transfer a large sum on the day.

My bank has a £20k daily limit on payments, so I have always had to make multiple payments in the days leading up to collection.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Macanese, I am sorry that you have had this ordeal. Can you name the OPC involved as they ought to be thoroughly ashamed.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Can you also post the reg so that casual visitors to this thread are pre warned if considering buying it. No doubt it will be for sale above list otherwise I think you would have had a harder fight getting your money back. In fact perhaps you should have sold it yourself 😁
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:34 am Macanese, I am sorry that you have had this ordeal. Can you name the OPC involved as they ought to be thoroughly ashamed.
Very sorry to hear of your experience.

Can you pls identify the OPC.

Mine have asked for full payment prior to delivering but I will now be holding back an amount until I've examined the car.