Macan S - 21-inch GT Design wheels

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

Jon A wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:31 am The sales manager at my OPC is locking down his own (company) car and he too cannot have these wheels. He is speccing the RS Spyders and having them powder coated black. This costs around £400 and still comes in around £1k cheaper than black GT wheels.
This is what I’m leaning toward doing too. I’ll collect my car with the RS Spyders as they are in silver and see how I feel about them over the first few weeks, and will have them painted black if I feel the silver doesn’t work.
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

estymasko wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:39 am
Jon A wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:31 am The sales manager at my OPC is locking down his own (company) car and he too cannot have these wheels. He is speccing the RS Spyders and having them powder coated black. This costs around £400 and still comes in around £1k cheaper than black GT wheels.
This is what I’m leaning toward doing too. I’ll collect my car with the RS Spyders as they are in silver and see how I feel about them over the first few weeks, and will have them painted black if I feel the silver doesn’t work.
Good call. Personally I feel black wheels are a bit “yesterday’s news” to be honest and look a bit JLR 🤔
Probably get pelters for that but there we are 😳
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Jon A wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:46 am
Good call. Personally I feel black wheels are a bit “yesterday’s news” to be honest and look a bit JLR 🤔

Black wheels are in intrinsic part of the Porsche GTS ‘look’, but I’m not generally a fan of black wheels.

In fact, I just had my Titanium Grey wheels (that look almost black from a distance) refinished in a bright silver, as I much prefer the look. :)

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Jon A wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:06 am
Sweetmeister wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:57 am
That’s what I’m doing if I’m told I can’t have the GT`s. I just can’t decide at the moment whether to go gloss black or Matt black.
When you say £400 I hope you mean for all four and not each!!
Yes for all four 😂
My OPC said they would do it for me (third party) so I can collect car with all done and quoted me £400.
Actually, I’m not wedded to all black wheels and prefer the ones I selected but I could easily paint these later if I change my mind.
Now, the thing is this - if you paint the Spyders mat black that will be a wheel that already exists on the GTS so all good. If you go for gloss, that will become a wheel that doesn’t exist currently in the Macan range (May have previously?) - just a thought for the pedants 😂😂
The original matt black wheels on my 911 were a sod to clean and soon looked scruffy again after cleaning. The matt surface holds on to the dirt and it is difficult to shift. I've had them repainted satin black, which is close to the original appearance, but is so much easier to clean. A quick spray with wheel cleaner and pressure wash gets the job done for most purposes although for 'showroom' finish I still spend some time drying them off.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

I've just gone through my spec again for the millionth time and think I'm content now, and I must admit the silver RS Spyders do look great. I think perhaps black wheels would give the car a dragged down, heavy sort of look while the silver helps to lift the car much better.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNK6ZHA0
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

estymasko wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:32 pm

I've just gone through my spec again for the millionth time and think I'm content now, and I must admit the silver RS Spyders do look great. I think perhaps black wheels would give the car a dragged down, heavy sort of look while the silver helps to lift the car much better.

Looks a sharp spec and love the colour!
Two suggestions - add driver memory package it’s only a couple of hundred and add colour centre wheel caps (£114) makes a big difference to that lovely wheel imho.
(Sorry for unsolicited advice but you can always just ignore it 😂)
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

Jon A wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:48 pm

Two suggestions - add driver memory package it’s only a couple of hundred and add colour centre wheel caps (£114) makes a big difference to that lovely wheel imho.
I'm the only driver of the car so the memory package has no real benefit to me, and funnily enough the coloured wheel centres were the final thing I was undecided about! I had the 911 Turbos on my 718 Cayman and added the coloured centres on those and admittedly they did look great... Okay, coloured wheel centres being added to the spec! NOW I think I'm done :D :D
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

estymasko wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:10 pm
Jon A wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:48 pm

I'm the only driver of the car so the memory package has no real benefit to me, and funnily enough the coloured wheel centres were the final thing I was undecided about! I had the 911 Turbos on my 718 Cayman and added the coloured centres on those and admittedly they did look great... Okay, coloured wheel centres being added to the spec! NOW I think I'm done :D :D
😂😂😂
Good point re memory. I had a BM once with full electric seats but no memory and that didn’t cause me a problem except when my wife moved it off the drive once - I don’t know what buttons she pressed but I couldn’t get right after a week. Would have paid £200 at that point just to put my seat back to where it was!! 😂😂
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:27 pm
Jon A wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:06 am
Sweetmeister wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:57 am

That’s what I’m doing if I’m told I can’t have the GT`s. I just can’t decide at the moment whether to go gloss black or Matt black.
When you say £400 I hope you mean for all four and not each!!
Yes for all four 😂
My OPC said they would do it for me (third party) so I can collect car with all done and quoted me £400.
Actually, I’m not wedded to all black wheels and prefer the ones I selected but I could easily paint these later if I change my mind.
Now, the thing is this - if you paint the Spyders mat black that will be a wheel that already exists on the GTS so all good. If you go for gloss, that will become a wheel that doesn’t exist currently in the Macan range (May have previously?) - just a thought for the pedants 😂😂
The original matt black wheels on my 911 were a sod to clean and soon looked scruffy again after cleaning. The matt surface holds on to the dirt and it is difficult to shift. I've had them repainted satin black, which is close to the original appearance, but is so much easier to clean. A quick spray with wheel cleaner and pressure wash gets the job done for most purposes although for 'showroom' finish I still spend some time drying them off.
Just use some good quality wheel protector once cleaned and that won’t be an issue,I’ve always done it,makes wheels so much easier to clean. :D
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Alfie01

Post by Alfie01 »

I was worried my Macan S would not turn up with the GT 21 wheels after they had dropped them off the Porsche build configuration, so was very happy when I received a photo of my car arrived at the dealership yesterday.

EFA269A2-1AD0-40D7-8270-FEFA4DE42BFC.jpeg