2nd Hand Prices

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

I was looking at the Miami Blue 20 plate Turbo at OPC Nottingham around October/November time...it hung around unsold for a long time and I think the price came down to around £72,999 before it sold.

That actually looks like decent value in the current climate, although at the time I thought it was crazy money for a 1 year old car with 14k miles!

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Wotsits wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:49 pm I was looking at the Miami Blue 20 plate Turbo at OPC Nottingham around October/November time...it hung around unsold for a long time and I think the price came down to around £72,999 before it sold.

That actually looks like decent value in the current climate, although at the time I thought it was crazy money for a 1 year old car with 14k miles!
I too was looking at that car in Nottingham and I wondered if it was the colour that stopped it selling quite so quickly? Not a bad colour by any means but I know many don’t want to get such a “look at me” colour?
Personally, I think if you are buying a Porsche there’s nothing wrong with making it look “shouty” to stand out in the sea of grey… 😊
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:56 pm Personally, I think if you are buying a Porsche there’s nothing wrong with making it look “shouty” to stand out in the sea of grey… 😊

+1. :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:56 pm
Wotsits wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:49 pm I was looking at the Miami Blue 20 plate Turbo at OPC Nottingham around October/November time...it hung around unsold for a long time and I think the price came down to around £72,999 before it sold.

I too was looking at that car in Nottingham and I wondered if it was the colour that stopped it selling quite so quickly? Not a bad colour by any means but I know many don’t want to get such a “look at me” colour?
Personally, I think if you are buying a Porsche there’s nothing wrong with making it look “shouty” to stand out in the sea of grey… 😊
I love Miami Blue and a Miami 911 GT3 is still very much a dream car. However, after seeing their Macan in the flesh, I though it just didn't work and I wasn't overly keen at all. It might have looked better outside (I only saw it in the showroom) but it wasn't for me, so I went with red instead.

The other thing is, it would probably have clashed with my Aston which is a similar but different bright blue!

car 2.jpg

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Wotsits wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:40 pm

I love Miami Blue and a Miami 911 GT3 is still very much a dream car. However, after seeing their Macan in the flesh, I though it just didn't work and I wasn't overly keen at all. It might have looked better outside (I only saw it in the showroom) but it wasn't for me, so I went with red instead.

The other thing is, it would probably have clashed with my Aston which is a similar but different bright blue!
That sir is a work of art! I wouldn’t park another car next to that, particularly Miami blue.
Do me a favour, if you are getting a GTS, NEVER switch on the sports exhaust, it will be embarrassing 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:37 pm

That sir is a work of art! I wouldn’t park another car next to that, particularly Miami blue.
Do me a favour, if you are getting a GTS, NEVER switch on the sports exhaust, it will be embarrassing 😂
haha, cheers. Funnily enough the salesman was going on about how great the GTS sounds with the sports exhaust, I was just amazed at how quiet it is and saddened at what GPF's have done to cars. The Aston is properly loud, one of the very last built with no GPF fitted. I've heard Porsche are very particular about mods and warranty, so I guess I probably won't be upgrading it either.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

👍 The GTS would just sound “Farty 😳” alongside that 😊
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Wotsits wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:30 pm
Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:37 pm

haha, cheers. Funnily enough the salesman was going on about how great the GTS sounds with the sports exhaust, I was just amazed at how quiet it is and saddened at what GPF's have done to cars. The Aston is properly loud, one of the very last built with no GPF fitted. I've heard Porsche are very particular about mods and warranty, so I guess I probably won't be upgrading it either.

You only live once! My Carrera T sounds great with a bit of help from Litchfield Motors! (Remus ‘silencer’, sports CATs, new manifolds and a remap.) :P ;) :twisted:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Rashg60

Post by Rashg60 »

I used to drive past the Nottingham Porsche Centre daily and see the blue Macan displayed in the front window. Until one day I decided to go inside and book a test drive on it. Lovely machine to drive and absolutely loved the colour too. But very pricey for me.
Own:
19 Porsche Macan 2.0
15 Audi RS3
15 Audi A1 1.4 TFSI
Ex:
19 Jag E-Pace R-Dynamic S
15 RR Evoque Dynamic
06 VW Golf GTI
05 Audi TT 3.2 V6
00 Audi TT 1.8T
91 VW Corrado G60
86 Pug 205 1.9 GTI
84 VW Golf GTI
Kav1

Post by Kav1 »

Wow, that's stunning !
2020 BMW X4 M Competition - Current
2019 Audi S5 Coupe
2017 BMW M4 Competition
2014 Cayman S
2012 Boxster S