Gen 3 Macan S 6 weeks in……

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:15 pm
On-Track wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:32 am Normally I would start with welcome to the forum but it's beginning to look as if this is not a new user. BTW I'd always assumed that the forum server logged the IP address and prevented more than one user from the same IP. Maybe that's a hidden benefit of becoming a "Deleted User" :D .

Headlights: The effectiveness of headlights depends very much on them being set up correctly. If the OP thinks they are that bad, I'd suggest him going back to the OPC and asking for the alignment to be checked. It could be that they are set too low.

Interior Lighting: The "Comfort Lighting" option seems to have disappeared from the options list for Gen 3 cars and with it the ability to spec footwell lights. Yet another reason to stick with my Gen 2 GTS :D :D .

Surround View: The OP's experience just illustrates the benefit of leaving things in the standard setting. The only time I fiddle with the Surround View options is pulling out of "blind" junctions either in forward or reverse.

Sound System: It's all a matter of what you listen to and how hard you want to concentrate on driving as opposed to listening to stereo music. The standard installation works fine for me but then SWMBO wants Gold Radio on all the time which I just mentally block out.

A very extensive review of first six weeks with a new car but obviously just one person's opinion.

Comfort lighting isn't a cost option as it is standard in all Gen 3s

Comfort ambient lighting package with LED lighting in door storage compartment, door panels (ambient) and interior courtesy and vanity lights in roof lining. Also includes position lights in the doors.
But footwell lighting is notable by its absence which is the point I was trying to make. No need to say it twice though ;)
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Not being an old sweat I had no idea that the 'comfort lighting' optional extra offered when I first put my deposit down last April differs from the 'comfort lighting' now fitted as standard.

Thank you for pointing this out and my error of posting twice.

I now feel suitably scolded.

;-)
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

To clarify, there are actually footwell lights, front and rear, but they only illuminate when you open the doors. Previous cars I have owned keep them on ( and let you change the colours etc ) to help light the cabin whilst driving. I suppose its possible there is an option somewhere that lets you keep them on, but if so I haven’t found it yet.
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

A very informative write up. I am sure there will be some who disagree, that is great, it is after all a forum for exchanging opinions. But as a non Macan owner who might one day be tempted (if they ever do the non coupe version ;)) I found it very useful and now has me running to my Audi to check things like the panel alignment and footwell lighting! I dont have a heated wheel, but I do have B&O and fantastic (matrix) lights too

Thanks for the post, lets hope its not "for one night only" ;)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Ford Prefect is a welcome contributor, for me, just so long as he doesn't "republish" half the bloody internet in here! He may have all day at work with now't else to do but I am RETIRED my time is valuable! :lol: :lol: :lol: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

No offence intended.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Neil1911 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:32 pm Ford Prefect is a welcome contributor, for me, just so long as he doesn't "republish" half the bloody internet in here! He may have all day at work with now't else to do but I am RETIRED my time is valuable! :lol: :lol: :lol: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

No offence intended.
Ford Prefect?
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
homerdog

Post by homerdog »

Jon A wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:34 am
99% sure this is Omni 👍
That would explain a lot - a very opinionated point of view, just like before he even bought one!
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

On-Track wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:28 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:32 pm Ford Prefect is a welcome contributor, for me, just so long as he doesn't "republish" half the bloody internet in here! He may have all day at work with now't else to do but I am RETIRED my time is valuable! :lol: :lol: :lol: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

No offence intended.
Ford Prefect?
I would guess? - https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/Ford_Prefect
- Macan Volcano Grey / Bordeaux Red Interior
- First time Porsche Owner
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

homerdog wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:34 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:34 am
99% sure this is Omni 👍
That would explain a lot - a very opinionated point of view, just like before he even bought one!
…well any review of his own car can only be his opinion. Fair enough I think particularly if it helps other members to check, question and validate their own options?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Ford? more like Slartybartfast
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'