Gen 3 Macan S 6 weeks in……

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Kav1

Post by Kav1 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:52 pm
Kav1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:44 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:34 pm I decided before Xmas that I will not make any contact with my SE/OPC in any way, just to see how long passes before I have any contact from them. This will then,all go in the snotty email I’ll send to the dealer principal if or when I cancel my order.
Even if I end up not cancelling and I do some time in a galaxy far far away actually collect my Macan I will be telling the dealer principal exactly what I think of his dealership.
I don't think they care. Your cancelled order will just go to the next person in line on their waiting list.
Yes, I’m aware of that, but it will make me feel better, especially when I copy in Porsche GB. :D
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
2020 BMW X4 M Competition - Current
2019 Audi S5 Coupe
2017 BMW M4 Competition
2014 Cayman S
2012 Boxster S

Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

THHGTTG wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:25 pm Back for one night only….
…..
Elements of this car will disappoint, but as an entire package its really rather good. After 4 years of ownership I never really bonded with my last car, but this already feel much more like its “my car”, if that makes sense. For those thinking of buying one, if you can stand the wait and the appalling communication from Porsche, you’ll be pleased you did.
Thanks, Omni, for the insight - v. helpful, esp. re. ACC, 20” wheels, panel fit & stereo.

Wish you many happy miles motoring.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Kav1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:54 pm

I don't think they care. Your cancelled order will just go to the next person in line on their waiting list.
Yes, I’m aware of that, but it will make me feel better, especially when I copy in Porsche GB. :D
Suggest you don't put your name down for a Rolex Daytona as you and everyone you know will be Spirits in the Sky before they contact you.. :lol:
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:34 pm I decided before Xmas that I will not make any contact with my SE/OPC in any way, just to see how long passes before I have any contact from them. This will then,all go in the snotty email I’ll send to the dealer principal if or when I cancel my order.
Even if I end up not cancelling and I do some time in a galaxy far far away actually collect my Macan I will be telling the dealer principal exactly what I think of his dealership.
The OPC does care as a poor survey after you buy creates a ticket and then you get a call from a sales manager who doesn’t care about you at all but will say lots of nice words and promise something to you to say sorry. My experience is then you have the same situation but you have a sales manager not calling you instead of an SE….
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:34 pm
If you cancel, perhaps offer the slot to me or other forum members?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

I wouldn't say that, they want repeat custom. I tried to cancel my GTS order when I was fed up with the lack of comms, they gave me £600 discount and a promise they wouldn't drop the ball again which so far they haven't.
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:04 pm
Kav1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:54 pm

Suggest you don't put your name down for a Rolex Daytona as you and everyone you know will be Spirits in the Sky before they contact you.. :lol:
I’ve been on the list for a steel white faced Daytona since 2019, so I’m expecting that before the Macan!😂
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:41 pm
Wasn’t aware I could do that?
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Sweetmeister wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:02 pm
Kleynie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:41 pm
Wasn’t aware I could do that?
I’m not sure that you can. If you cancel your order, I think it’s up to your OPC as to who gets your place in the queue. 🤔
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Interestingly this video shows exactly the same panel gap issue, especially one side of the bonnet to the other.