Gen 3 Macan S 6 weeks in……

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Kav1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:04 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:41 pm I’ve only ever had great customer service from BMW, they have gone above and beyond whenever I’ve purchased a BMW.
We have only last week bought a second hand one series for my wife from BMW in Plymouth and they were excellent, even delivering the car for free, a distance of 250 miles. They have rang me 3 times since the purchase to check all was well.
I’ve not heard from my Porsche SE for 2 months and that was only after I emailed her! Not impressed is an understatement.

In view of a number of things, no idea when car is coming, lack of wheel choice (for me), panel gaps and customer service, I’m currently in discussions with BMW for a new X3 or X5.
Yes, I have always found BMW customer service to be excellent, going above and beyond. My wife has a X3M40i. It has a lovely 3L engine, is solid and has current tech.
That’s what I’m looking at buying, the new LCI X3 M40i. All the tech you want as standard and it’s the latest,most of which I’m paying for in the Macan and it’s old,and for me 10k cheaper. It’s a no brainer really.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:10 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:41 pm I’ve only ever had great customer service from BMW, they have gone above and beyond whenever I’ve purchased a BMW.
We have only last week bought a second hand one series for my wife from BMW in Plymouth and they were excellent, even delivering the car for free, a distance of 250 miles. They have rang me 3 times since the purchase to check all was well.
I’ve not heard from my Porsche SE for 2 months and that was only after I emailed her! Not impressed is an understatement.

In view of a number of things, no idea when car is coming, lack of wheel choice (for me), panel gaps and customer service, I’m currently in discussions with BMW for a new X3 or X5.
Yes, I have always found BMW customer service to be excellent, going above and beyond. My wife has a X3M40i. It has a lovely 3L engine, is solid and has current tech.
That’s what I’m looking at buying, the new LCI X3 M40i. All the tech you want as standard and it’s the latest,most of which I’m paying for in the Macan and it’s old,and for me 10k cheaper. It’s a no brainer really.
I had 11 BMW's over the years and all very good. But at the end of the day the Porsche makes me smile every time I drive.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I’ve always felt that BMW SUV’s are good but are the automotive equivalent of an “invisibility cloak” 😳
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

The only thing invisible at the moment is my Macan order!! 😂
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:24 pm The only thing invisible at the moment is my Macan order!! 😂
😂😂😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Kleynie wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:12 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:10 pm

I had 11 BMW's over the years and all very good. But at the end of the day the Porsche makes me smile every time I drive.
It’s sad as it’s such an easy thing to fix but my experiences of OPCs have been abysmal. On the plus side the days of the car sales person are numbered. Tesla are proving you don’t need them and they don’t add value. Roll on ordering your Macan EV online ;)
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

I decided before Xmas that I will not make any contact with my SE/OPC in any way, just to see how long passes before I have any contact from them. This will then,all go in the snotty email I’ll send to the dealer principal if or when I cancel my order.
Even if I end up not cancelling and I do some time in a galaxy far far away actually collect my Macan I will be telling the dealer principal exactly what I think of his dealership.
Kav1

Post by Kav1 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:34 pm I decided before Xmas that I will not make any contact with my SE/OPC in any way, just to see how long passes before I have any contact from them. This will then,all go in the snotty email I’ll send to the dealer principal if or when I cancel my order.
Even if I end up not cancelling and I do some time in a galaxy far far away actually collect my Macan I will be telling the dealer principal exactly what I think of his dealership.
I don't think they care. Your cancelled order will just go to the next person in line on their waiting list.
2020 BMW X4 M Competition - Current
2019 Audi S5 Coupe
2017 BMW M4 Competition
2014 Cayman S
2012 Boxster S
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

Jon A wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:22 pm I’ve always felt that BMW SUV’s are good but are the automotive equivalent of an “invisibility cloak” 😳
Isnt that a good thing? who wants to be the centre of attention? One of the things I like about my RS4 is that those that know, know and those that dont think I am a photocopier engineer ;)

and it can show a Tesla Model 3 LR a clean pair of heels from 40 to 70 ish ;)
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Kav1 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:44 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:34 pm I decided before Xmas that I will not make any contact with my SE/OPC in any way, just to see how long passes before I have any contact from them. This will then,all go in the snotty email I’ll send to the dealer principal if or when I cancel my order.
I don't think they care. Your cancelled order will just go to the next person in line on their waiting list.
Yes, I’m aware of that, but it will make me feel better, especially when I copy in Porsche GB. :D