Gen 3 Macan S 6 weeks in……

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

homerdog wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:34 pm
Jon A wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:34 am
99% sure this is Omni 👍
That would explain a lot - a very opinionated point of view, just like before he even bought one!
surely most posts on here are going to be subjective? Might as well just read the Porsche website otherwise!!!

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

For other prospective purchasers I have a gen 3 S WITH air and can honestly say I personally find a huge difference going through the different PASM setting from comfortable cruiser to a much tighter animal as you dial it up. For some the comfort setting might be too ‘wafty’ that’s probably a very individual thing but for me it feels right for an SUV going around town at 20-30 mph. My 2 cents…. Welcome back for one night Omni.
Isleaiw

Post by Isleaiw »

99% sure this is Omni 👍
That would explain a lot - a very opinionated point of view, just like before he even bought one!
That's a very opinionated view of another poster, OK for you but not for others I take it.

I enjoyed his posts, they created interest. Its easy to just dig at others without adding anything yourself.....

And yep, I decided one opinionated post deserved another... ;)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Isleaiw wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:19 pm
99% sure this is Omni 👍
That's a very opinionated view of another poster, OK for you but not for others I take it.

I enjoyed his posts, they created interest. Its easy to just dig at others without adding anything yourself.....

+1 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
homerdog

Post by homerdog »

Isleaiw wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:19 pm
If it makes you feel better, go ahead! ;)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

davlewis wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:45 pm
On-Track wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:28 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:32 pm Ford Prefect is a welcome contributor, for me, just so long as he doesn't "republish" half the bloody internet in here! He may have all day at work with now't else to do but I am RETIRED my time is valuable! :lol: :lol: :lol: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

No offence intended.
Ford Prefect?
I would guess? - https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/Ford_Prefect
Thanks for that. I never watched The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy so "Ford Prefect" brought up visions of a 1950s car with a three speed gearbox and vacuum windscreen wipers.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Kav1

Post by Kav1 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:02 pm Those panel gaps are shocking and something I’d expect to see on a Vauxhall. On a 65k Porsche, simply not acceptable. If mine turns up like that, it will be staying at the dealers.
yes, my GTS is due to be built in Feb with a March delivery, and I am starting to feel the same. Shocking build quality, along with lack of a QC check. It is also quite disappointing to hear that PDLS does not meet their expectations for some members. Tech in the Macan seems to be way, way behind many other manufacturers, and we are meant to be buying a premium product! I haven't been overly impressed with the customer service side of things. Having to send numerous emails before getting a response doesn't shout premium to me. I think I'd probably get better service at a non-premium car provider.
2020 BMW X4 M Competition - Current
2019 Audi S5 Coupe
2017 BMW M4 Competition
2014 Cayman S
2012 Boxster S
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Yes, customer service is crap in my experience, but better than BMW (that doesn't say much). But there is no denying these are great cars and I love every minute driving them.

Don't be put off by the minority, on the whole they are built well. And I think the headlights are great even after having adaptive LED on my old 535d.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

I’ve only ever had great customer service from BMW, they have gone above and beyond whenever I’ve purchased a BMW.
We have only last week bought a second hand one series for my wife from BMW in Plymouth and they were excellent, even delivering the car for free, a distance of 250 miles. They have rang me 3 times since the purchase to check all was well.
I’ve not heard from my Porsche SE for 2 months and that was only after I emailed her! Not impressed is an understatement.

In view of a number of things, no idea when car is coming, lack of wheel choice (for me), panel gaps and customer service, I’m currently in discussions with BMW for a new X3 or X5.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Kav1

Post by Kav1 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:41 pm I’ve only ever had great customer service from BMW, they have gone above and beyond whenever I’ve purchased a BMW.
We have only last week bought a second hand one series for my wife from BMW in Plymouth and they were excellent, even delivering the car for free, a distance of 250 miles. They have rang me 3 times since the purchase to check all was well.
I’ve not heard from my Porsche SE for 2 months and that was only after I emailed her! Not impressed is an understatement.

In view of a number of things, no idea when car is coming, lack of wheel choice (for me), panel gaps and customer service, I’m currently in discussions with BMW for a new X3 or X5.
Yes, I have always found BMW customer service to be excellent, going above and beyond. My wife has a X3M40i. It has a lovely 3L engine, is solid and has current tech.
2020 BMW X4 M Competition - Current
2019 Audi S5 Coupe
2017 BMW M4 Competition
2014 Cayman S
2012 Boxster S