Gen 3 Macan S 6 weeks in……

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:12 pm If I’m honest, along with everything else, this is making me think more and more that I shouldn’t be buying one.
Don't worry. Porsche are building 1500 Macans a week so there will be issues with a very very small percentage. Naturally they will be highlighted on a forum like this because we care. Therefore we are all aware of the potential issue and will look out for it when we pick up.

However that doesn't excuse poor quality control at the factory or OPC. Just mention it to your SE when he advise you of the delivery date and ask him to check the alignments before you collect.

You've waited this long - it seems a pity to abort the deal on something that has a low chance of happening.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6

Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:12 pm If I’m honest, along with everything else, this is making me think more and more that I shouldn’t be buying one.
These are all my views on my car and my experience. Others will be different. Although some elements have disappointed me, especially on a car of this price, the overarching point is that it is a really nice car to drive. I have definitely bonded with it and don’t regret the purchase. I’d suggest hanging in there. Worst case scenario you can take delivery and then sell it for £15k more than you paid for it! But once you’ve driven it for a bit you’ll not want to.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I’d say from the pic that the door to door metal is out of alignment.
Macan S MY 2023
Deleted User 4749

Post by Deleted User 4749 »

Great summary..thanks for the time and effort....food for thought...having ordered my Midnight Blue S in early Sept and still no lockdown date from my local OPC I'm starting to wonder if a Honda E might be a better option!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Looking at the images of the panel fit, Porsche QC seems to have gone downhill.

That said what were the OPC doing in letting it get through the PDI?

Then why did the Op not notice it in the showroom and reject the car?

Looking at the other comments:-

PASM, in reality there is hardly any difference in the ride quality and feel whatever the setting when driving sedately, and Sport and Sport+ only come into effect when the car is being driven spiritedly.

ACC is well worth it for me and it does nothing to lessen my concentration when driving. As for comments about it applying the brakes firmly, that is more to do with (1) idiot drivers cutting in front of your Macan (2) a driving style that needs changing, ie where you zoom up to a car before changing lanes or overtaking then of course the car will brake if you drive it into the danger zone. If you experience this join the IAM and get trained.

Someone commented on how poor the lights of their older Macan is, well that is unfortunate and had the Op joined this forum before buying their Macan the fact that the original halogen lights were more like candles and totally useless outside of Town would have been pointed out to them. It has been covered many times prior.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Interesting review, I enjoyed reading it ....10/10 for effort :D :D :D
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:23 pm
Don't worry. Porsche are building 1500 Macans a week so there will be issues with a very very small percentage. Naturally they will be highlighted on a forum like this because we care. Therefore we are all aware of the potential issue and will look out for it when we pick up.

However that doesn't excuse poor quality control at the factory or OPC. Just mention it to your SE when he advise you of the delivery date and ask him to check the alignments before you collect.

You've waited this long - it seems a pity to abort the deal on something that has a low chance of happening.

+1. As with all things, people (on forums and elsewhere) will always have more to say about negative things/causes for complaint, than they will about positives/compliments. Also, we naturally tend to pick up more on the negatives (like how many times the word ‘crap’ was used by THHGTTG in his lengthy post above). ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

On-Track wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:32 am Normally I would start with welcome to the forum but it's beginning to look as if this is not a new user. BTW I'd always assumed that the forum server logged the IP address and prevented more than one user from the same IP. Maybe that's a hidden benefit of becoming a "Deleted User" :D .

Headlights: The effectiveness of headlights depends very much on them being set up correctly. If the OP thinks they are that bad, I'd suggest him going back to the OPC and asking for the alignment to be checked. It could be that they are set too low.

Interior Lighting: The "Comfort Lighting" option seems to have disappeared from the options list for Gen 3 cars and with it the ability to spec footwell lights. Yet another reason to stick with my Gen 2 GTS :D :D .

Surround View: The OP's experience just illustrates the benefit of leaving things in the standard setting. The only time I fiddle with the Surround View options is pulling out of "blind" junctions either in forward or reverse.

Sound System: It's all a matter of what you listen to and how hard you want to concentrate on driving as opposed to listening to stereo music. The standard installation works fine for me but then SWMBO wants Gold Radio on all the time which I just mentally block out.

A very extensive review of first six weeks with a new car but obviously just one person's opinion.

Comfort lighting isn't a cost option as it is standard in all Gen 3s
Comfort ambient lighting package with LED lighting in door storage compartment, door panels (ambient) and interior courtesy and vanity lights in roof lining. Also includes position lights in the doors.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

On-Track wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:32 am Normally I would start with welcome to the forum but it's beginning to look as if this is not a new user. BTW I'd always assumed that the forum server logged the IP address and prevented more than one user from the same IP. Maybe that's a hidden benefit of becoming a "Deleted User" :D .

Headlights: The effectiveness of headlights depends very much on them being set up correctly. If the OP thinks they are that bad, I'd suggest him going back to the OPC and asking for the alignment to be checked. It could be that they are set too low.

Interior Lighting: The "Comfort Lighting" option seems to have disappeared from the options list for Gen 3 cars and with it the ability to spec footwell lights. Yet another reason to stick with my Gen 2 GTS :D :D .

Surround View: The OP's experience just illustrates the benefit of leaving things in the standard setting. The only time I fiddle with the Surround View options is pulling out of "blind" junctions either in forward or reverse.

Sound System: It's all a matter of what you listen to and how hard you want to concentrate on driving as opposed to listening to stereo music. The standard installation works fine for me but then SWMBO wants Gold Radio on all the time which I just mentally block out.

A very extensive review of first six weeks with a new car but obviously just one person's opinion.

Comfort lighting isn't a cost option as it is standard in all Gen 3s

Comfort ambient lighting package with LED lighting in door storage compartment, door panels (ambient) and interior courtesy and vanity lights in roof lining. Also includes position lights in the doors.
New User

Post by New User »

Thanks for the feedback and the alignment photos as I have the same OPC and I would have hoped they would pick this up on PDI (that door alignment gap is surely not within tolerance so I hope you get it sorted). i Appreciate the detailed comments on options and which ones you would choose again. The only things I didn’t get to try on test drives were the Headlights, Acoustic Glass and the Standard Sound system so it will be interesting to see if they are really ‘crap’, or if my expectations are out.