Gen 3 Macan S 6 weeks in……

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Normally I would start with welcome to the forum but it's beginning to look as if this is not a new user. BTW I'd always assumed that the forum server logged the IP address and prevented more than one user from the same IP. Maybe that's a hidden benefit of becoming a "Deleted User" :D .

Headlights: The effectiveness of headlights depends very much on them being set up correctly. If the OP thinks they are that bad, I'd suggest him going back to the OPC and asking for the alignment to be checked. It could be that they are set too low.

Interior Lighting: The "Comfort Lighting" option seems to have disappeared from the options list for Gen 3 cars and with it the ability to spec footwell lights. Yet another reason to stick with my Gen 2 GTS :D :D .

Surround View: The OP's experience just illustrates the benefit of leaving things in the standard setting. The only time I fiddle with the Surround View options is pulling out of "blind" junctions either in forward or reverse.

Sound System: It's all a matter of what you listen to and how hard you want to concentrate on driving as opposed to listening to stereo music. The standard installation works fine for me but then SWMBO wants Gold Radio on all the time which I just mentally block out.

A very extensive review of first six weeks with a new car but obviously just one person's opinion.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I’d liked to have seen pics of the body panel alignment issues.
Macan S MY 2023
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

Great to hear your enjoying the car. I got mine finally on 31 Dec and really enjoying it too. It feels so solid and the tech is fine ( Although PCM6 would have been better). Hopeyou have many more happy motoring miles.
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4
Deleted User 4752

Post by Deleted User 4752 »

Skyway wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:48 am I’d liked to have seen pics of the body panel alignment issues.
These were my findings and my opinions and I’m not planning on responding to most of the comments but I’m happy to share more info where people would find it helpful, so with regard to panel gaps:

Good side

50309DBF-90F8-4640-A0D9-FE17C4D0D763.jpeg

Not-so good side

B38AFD9A-B4F5-45DC-A138-8195BE39EB7B.jpeg

Good side

B946ED24-358B-430F-B94B-94AFF24C87CC.jpeg

Not-so good side

ED7B5E14-7CD2-4277-A6C7-AD5AADC119BF.jpeg

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

The door need adjusting surely?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

pmg wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:26 am
Madelvic wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:56 am Surprised at the comments about the headlights. I have the PDLS+ and they are by far and away the best headlights I've had. They are so good I can't imagine others cars can be that much better! So much better than my other cars and cars I've owned. Maybe I need to drive a Mini in the dark.
With PDLS the headlight main beam range is very speed dependant, I do find if I am going on a no lamped straight road at 40 mph with my lights on auto setting I quite often think why are the lights not giving me an unrestricted full main beam.

I find they are second best lights I have had, a BMW matrix set being better
I've always been delighted with the standard Gen 2 headlights, now thinking PDLS on its replacement might be a retrograde step 😟 ..... I'm sure I'll cope, just have to go faster it seems. Imagine: "Yes dear, I DO need to go this fast or the lights will go dim" :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Those panel gaps are shocking and something I’d expect to see on a Vauxhall. On a 65k Porsche, simply not acceptable. If mine turns up like that, it will be staying at the dealers.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Sweetmeister wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:02 pm Those panel gaps are shocking and something I’d expect to see on a Vauxhall. On a 65k Porsche, simply not acceptable. If mine turns up like that, it will be staying at the dealers.
I agree, mine wouldn’t be leaving like that. But what’s concerning is that it got out of the factory like that. I’m beginning to start thinking that COVID and lack of staff is leading to some tasks being overlooked. Those misalignments are very ‘Tesla’ like.

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures.
Macan S MY 2023
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

If I’m honest, along with everything else, this is making me think more and more that I shouldn’t be buying one.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Kleynie wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:14 am The door need adjusting surely?
Could it be a rubber seal problem where when the metal is hot/cold the seals don't compress/expand enough ?
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6